Can't Connect PS4 Wifi Through Netgear Ex2700 Extender

Lunardeath0020

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2012
Hello everyone.

I am having loads of trouble connecting my PlayStation 4 to the new Netgear ex2700 WiFi extender I purchased for the house.

Things were working just fine on the old connection point (aside from the connection being terribly slow) and nothing has changed except adding the extender. The extender works with every other device on my network (android phone, tablet, PC, laptop, Apple computer), all in different rooms. But no matter how close I bring the PS4 and the extender together, it cannot connect to PSN.
I have updated firmware on both the router and the extender to the most current versions. And I have also tried connecting the PS4 directly to the extender through an Ethernet cable. Even checked to make sure my router was not blocking ports used by PS4. Still no luck.

Anyone else have this problem at all? Driving me insane.

Lunardeath0020

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2012
I actually figured out the answer to this question if anyone is looking for a solution. After looking all around my router settings I found that going into DHCP settings and deleting the set of information that was holding my MAC and IP address for the PS4 on my network and then reconnecting the PS4 to the wireless network reset the connection and allowed me to sign into PSN. I suppose it was getting confused looking at an earlier connection.