Can't connect Sony MDR 1000x via bluetooth to computer.

May 9, 2018
I tried connecting my Sony MDR 1000x headphones to my computer via bluetooth, but they never show up as a pairable device. My computer is a self-built desktop, i7-7700k with an ASUS Z270-e motherboard. Other bluetooth devices don't have any issue connecting to the computer, currently using a Logitech K520 keyboard w/ M510 mouse duo, connected with the unifying receiver in one of the USB inputs on the front of my Corsair 760T Graphite case.

When I turn on my MDR 1000x headphones, they connect with my phone just fine. When I hold down the power button the full 7 seconds needed to pair further bluetooth devices, for some reason they're never able to find the computer or vice versa. The computer's primary audio output is via Realtek digital audio out to a Samsung soundbar/subwoofer combo. The only way that I can even get audio to feed through the headphones from the computer is with a 3.5mm aux cord, and even then, the headset microphone portion won't work. I've been doing troubleshooting here and there, but still, I can't get it to work.

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

What is the generation of blue tooth used on your motherboard? It may not be compatible with your headphones, also do you have drivers installed for the blue tooth on your motherboard?

May 9, 2018

In looking up additional bluetooth settings, I was able to find: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Bluetooth 4.1

I'm not 100% sure if that's what you're looking for, but given the fact that the drivers are all up-to-date, the motherboard is an ASUS Strix Z270-e, so it's not outdated in the slightest, and the headphones are also pretty recent. I don't think it has to do with generational incompatibility, and everything is up to date.

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

You said you have tried it with other blue tooth devices? I wonder if your PC has too many devices remembered to take on your headset.

May 9, 2018

That's not it either. Not only are there a couple devices connected via bluetooth already, but when I open up the Bluetooth & other devices page in settings, then click the + icon to add another device, then click Bluetooth for the kind of device to add, it gives up in half a second and says it couldn't connect, despite the device being in Pairing mode. All the drivers are up to date, I've tried resetting and restarting the computer, nothing seems to be working. I have never had this problem before.