Can't connect through ethernet - Tried everything... SOS

HiP0WER

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2014
Hey team,

If I plug my laptop directly into the ethernet port I get connected, no issues.

I plug from ethernet into the back of my desktop, and let the problems begin.

The errors I'm getting are:

Unidentified Network (IPv4 and IPv6 = No Internet Access)

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address: 169.254.91.98 (Yes, I know this is a problem, it's an APIPA address. It indicates that I'm not pulling from a DHCP pool and or a DHCP server cannot be reached.)

Ipconfig /release /renew gives error (This operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation.) - Not sure what this means.

Screenshot of ipconfig: http://imgur.com/Lh3tc8B

I tried uninstalling network drivers and restarting the computer.
I've tried restarting the modem.
I've tried using a static IP address, etc.
I've tried different ethernet cables.
I've tried almost everything. I say almost because I must be missing something as my problem hasn't been fixed yet.

Please, SOS, can someone help me with this? I've been troubleshooting for over 2 hours now with still no luck!!

Thank you!!!

Solution
Windows 10? Run the built-in Network troubleshooter. The troubleshooter may find and fix something.

On the desktop: Are you using a built-in motherboard Ethernet port or a PCIe Ethernet card?

If the latter, turn off the desktop's power, open the case, and verify that the PCIe Ethernet card is firmly seated in place.

If using the built-in motherboard Ethernet port, disable it and try using a PCIe or USB based Ethernet adapter.

Ralston18

Titan
Windows 10? Run the built-in Network troubleshooter. The troubleshooter may find and fix something.

On the desktop: Are you using a built-in motherboard Ethernet port or a PCIe Ethernet card?

If the latter, turn off the desktop's power, open the case, and verify that the PCIe Ethernet card is firmly seated in place.

If using the built-in motherboard Ethernet port, disable it and try using a PCIe or USB based Ethernet adapter.

Solution