[SOLVED] Can't connect to 5Ghz network

Michael Valen

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
I can't connect to my 5ghz network. It worked before but stopped working recently. The 2.4 Ghz works fine. The 5ghz works fine on other computers and phones. I can't find a solution to my problem. What happens: Trying to connect -> Pops up that it is secured -> Windows 10 sidebar (network) does random things -> Can't connect to this network.
What I've tried: Uninstalling driver, restarting the router, re-installing fresh driver, cmd (netsch, flush and so on).

Specs: Asus AC66U and Asus PCE-AC68

Solution
Manually set the channel width to 40Mhz and to a low channel number on the router. If your router is set to "Auto" for channel number there could be a mismatch on the allowable channels based on localization. Channel 38 or 46 are available in all areas. Try that.

kanewolf

Titan
Manually set the channel width to 40Mhz and to a low channel number on the router. If your router is set to "Auto" for channel number there could be a mismatch on the allowable channels based on localization. Channel 38 or 46 are available in all areas. Try that.

Last edited:
Solution

Michael Valen

Honorable
Sep 2, 2014
Thanks for the help. Changing it to 40Mhz and channel 48 worked. The other channels didn't work.