Can't create a system repair disk

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Hi,

I just tried to create a system repair disk via the control panel and was told that it can't do it because files are missing. Has anyone else experienced this? And, any suggestions?

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
that is different

see if this can fix it:
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once SFC is complete, copy/paste the below command into window (needs to be exact)
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC cleans and fixes system files, DISM cleans and fixes Image files which is likely the source of the files System repair uses. If SFC had problems it couldn't fix, rerun it after DISM and restart PC and try making disk again

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I tried, but this didn't seem to work. It didn't find any problems.

Thanks...

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I have one of those (created for my laptop), but the recovery drive for the PC would have its system files on it.

I was on the phone with NCIX, who build the system. They couldn't figure it out. They are suggesting that it might be due to a Windows update (the PC is only about two weeks old!) which might have caused corruption of the recovery drive. I'm skeptical, but they could be right.

Colif

Win 11 Master
that is why i got you to run DISM, it fixes the image that is stored on the recovery drive

why did you want a recovery drive? Are you trying to fix something or just as a precaution?

what version of win 10 are you on?
right click start button
choose run...
type winver and press enter

what version/build numbers do you have?

spodeworld

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I did run DISM, so it is probably not that the recovery drive is corrupted, as they suggested (but they were out of ideas).

I wanted to create a system repair disk, just in case. I don't have any problems, but my last PC died and I would like to have the tools ready in case a problem comes up.

winver - Version 1607/ OS build 14393.693