Can't create recovery drive - What next?

Jan 8, 2019
I tried to 'Create a recovery drive' on my new releatively new thinkpad P52, but I got the following error message:

'We can't create a recovery drive on this PC
Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start, use your Windows installation disc or media.'

When the PC arrived, I created the recovery drive whilst Windows was still booting from the HDD that came with the PC. Afterwards, I cloned the HDD to a Samsung 970 pro SSD using EaseUS Todo Backup Free 11.5 and made it the boot drive, and removed the HDD. According to this thread (which perhaps could do with more replies):
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3863438/recovery-partition-usb-specific-hard-drive.html
that recovery drive should still work on the SSD.

My question is: why have those 'required files' gone missing? Is it more likely that this is just an isolated problem, or that is part of a group of problems that resulted from the cloning process (or otherwise)? If the latter, then what more problems can I expect down the line?

Update: I'm not sure if this has any relevance but here is some information about what has changed about the boot disk according to disk management:
• the HDD was 500 GB but the SSD is 1 TB, so the windows partition was expanded from 464.51 GB to 952.62 GB
• There is a 1000 MB partition called WinRE_DRV that remains of the same size, but it's status has changed from 'Healthy (OEM partition)' to 'Healthy (Primary partitaion)'. Also, its free space has increased from 56% (565 MB) to 57% (570 MB)
• There was a 260 MB 'Healthy (EFI System Partition)' that has changed in size to 259 MB, and it remains 100% free as before.

pantodawn06

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
It took me forever to figure this out, but I ended up having to add a chrome extension to my PC windows 10. I hope that helps! Had I not come across that, I'd be lost with other things that actually do require extensions from chrome.

Jan 8, 2019

What chrome extension? I don't even have chrome installed on the thinkpad. Are you sure you've got the right thread?