Question Can't decide on the case

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
There seems to be an infinite list of cases out there and some reviews favour one, the others talk about its disadvantages so I keep getting confused. Things I am looking for:

- ATX but small (mid tower?) with max 9kg of weight because I have seen some that are like 20kg and is absolutely absurd.
- Has RGB fans in the front so I don't have to spend another $50-70, just to get new fans
- Can fit big GPUs but not necessarily the biggest. I have a 3070 TI (317mm) and may upgrade to some bigger ones in coming years so should be able to accommodate those
- Has place for a 240 or 360 radiator on the top for liquid cool
- Should be less than $120 (unless it has like 4-5 ARGB fans or something that can justify its cost
- Good airflow

D

Deleted member 2838871

- Should be less than $120 (unless it has like 4-5 ARGB fans or something that can justify its cost
This is the case I went with... $140.

MSI MPG VELOX 100R

I have 9 fans total... 4 of which are ARGB and were included.

I don't have any complaints. I chose it because it was one of the only cases in stock at my local Best Buy and I've always used MSI boards with my builds... this is my first MSI case.

Airflow is great even with the glass front. It's vented on the side and the hinged tempered glass door is also something I like.

More pics are on the link to my build in my sig.

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
It's RGB not ARGB so I have to choose a colour...

This is the case I went with... $140.

MSI MPG VELOX 100R

I have 9 fans total... 4 of which are ARGB and were included.

I don't have any complaints. I chose it because it was one of the only cases in stock at my local Best Buy and I've always used MSI boards with my builds... this is my first MSI case.

Airflow is great even with the glass front. It's vented on the side and the hinged tempered glass door is also something I like.

More pics are on the link to my build in my sig.
The front with glass will result in higher temps anyway no? Also putting 9 fans would be expensive so might as well get something more expensive with less fans but better airflow?

D

Deleted member 2838871

The front with glass will result in higher temps anyway no? Also putting 9 fans would be expensive so might as well get something more expensive with less fans but better airflow?

I'm not experiencing high temps but I'm also running a thermally efficient Ryzen 9 CPU.

The front of the case is glass and the edge is vented... as is the back side of the case. There's plenty of air flow.

I didn't put 9 fans in... I put 5 in to go with the 4 ARGB that came with the case. The 120 mm Arctic fans I used were $10 each... and I don't think $50 in fans is all that expensive.

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
I'm not experiencing high temps but I'm also running a thermally efficient Ryzen 9 CPU.

The front of the case is glass and the edge is vented... as is the back side of the case. There's plenty of air flow.

I didn't put 9 fans in... I put 5 in to go with the 4 ARGB that came with the case. The 120 mm Arctic fans I used were $10 each... and I don't think $50 in fans is all that expensive.

I haven't yet decided on the CPU completely but it will most likely be i5 13600k which runs quite hot apparently which is why I asked.

D

Deleted member 2838871

I haven't yet decided on the CPU completely but it will most likely be i5 13600k which runs quite hot apparently which is why I asked.

You'll be fine with a good cooler.

At any rate... this is a nice case... one of many options available to you. Good luck.

Reactions: shad0wboss

Anon#1234

Proper
May 30, 2023
There seems to be an infinite list of cases out there and some reviews favour one, the others talk about its disadvantages so I keep getting confused. Things I am looking for:

- ATX but small (mid tower?) with max 9kg of weight because I have seen some that are like 20kg and is absolutely absurd.
- Has RGB fans in the front so I don't have to spend another $50-70, just to get new fans
- Can fit big GPUs but not necessarily the biggest. I have a 3070 TI (317mm) and may upgrade to some bigger ones in coming years so should be able to accommodate those
- Good airflow
Corsair 4000d is great, good quality, plenty of options.

- Good airflow
Not a small case by any means but it has what you're looking for.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
It's RGB not ARGB so I have to choose a colour...
The Fractal pop air is ARGB
  • LED type
    Addressable RGB