Can't delete a folder

Hi,
since I merged 2 partitions sometime ago, during that process I had
to give a name to a folder or something in PM. Anyway, whats happend is
that win2k thinks it is a system folder and defaults to that folder for
my documents. I have searched the registry but there is no reference to
the said folder. I can rename it, shorten it and do most things except
delete it. I did actually delete it in safe mode, but it re produced
itself again when I booted normally.

Is there any real way I can get rid of this folder for good?

Thanks
Bob H
Leeds UK

Bob H napisał(a):
> Hi,
> since I merged 2 partitions sometime ago, during that process I had
> to give a name to a folder or something in PM. Anyway, whats happend is
> that win2k thinks it is a system folder and defaults to that folder for
> my documents. I have searched the registry but there is no reference to
> the said folder. I can rename it, shorten it and do most things except
> delete it. I did actually delete it in safe mode, but it re produced
> itself again when I booted normally.
>
> Is there any real way I can get rid of this folder for good?
>
> Thanks

There is a program Process Explorer:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
and there You can take off handle of every program whos take the
file/folder.

Grzesiek wrote:
> Bob H napisał(a):
>
>> Hi,
>> since I merged 2 partitions sometime ago, during that process I
>> had to give a name to a folder or something in PM. Anyway, whats
>> happend is that win2k thinks it is a system folder and defaults to
>> that folder for my documents. I have searched the registry but there
>> is no reference to the said folder. I can rename it, shorten it and do
>> most things except delete it. I did actually delete it in safe mode,
>> but it re produced itself again when I booted normally.
>>
>> Is there any real way I can get rid of this folder for good?
>>
>> Thanks
>

> There is a program Process Explorer:
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
> and there You can take off handle of every program whos take the
> file/folder.

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the program and ran it, but there is
nothing shown for that folder in question.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

--
Bob H