Can't delete empty folder...help?

I have a particular folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.
When attempting to delete I recieve the error message:
" Cannot delete folder..: Cannot find specified file. Make sure you
specify the correct path and file name"

I have tried deleting while in Safe Mode with the same error message. I
have also performed a CHKDSK /F and am still unable to delete.
I am the admin on this PC also.

Any thoughts on how to delete this folder is appreciated.

thanks!

Log in as another user with admin rights, navigate to that folder then
delete it.

"trs80" <trs80@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a particular folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.
> When attempting to delete I recieve the error message:
> " Cannot delete folder..: Cannot find specified file. Make sure you
> specify the correct path and file name"
>
> I have tried deleting while in Safe Mode with the same error message. I
> have also performed a CHKDSK /F and am still unable to delete.
> I am the admin on this PC also.
>
> Any thoughts on how to delete this folder is appreciated.
>
> thanks!

Open a MS-DOS box and type "rd /s <drive:\folder name>
[Deletes the folder recursively]

See this page for several different approaches:
http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

How to Remove Files with Reserved Names in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315226

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org