Apr 19, 2016
Windows 10 64 bit
Motherboard: Asrock H110m-dgs
CPU - Intel i7 6700 locked
Video - Sapphire r9 290 tri-x 4gb ddr5
SSD - ADATA 480gb
RAM - Kingston 8gb 2133mhz
Monitor - TV Crown 19118 connected via hdmi

I can not disable the adaptive brightness, i mean i have disabled from the power option but its still here and its driving me crazy...

Solution
You could try another input. Some TVs have a PC input that may not have this "feature". The downside is that it is normally a VGA port. This is not a huge issue most of the time, but if you use the computer for HD video(Bluray and some streaming services), the lack of copy protection may cause issues.

I can not find any information for Crown 19118. Does the TV have any other numbers?

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Hey what do you mean by that i have no idia, however i did check the options on the tv it self and i've chosen the brightness contrast & everything is fixed there. Theres no metnioning about the brightness.

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Hi photonboy i have triple checked the HDTV options & did not find anything. Plus the birghtness changes automaticly even when i rotate my camera in game, i play oldschool runescape.

Thank you for your quick answer earyler.

Look for an option called Dynamic Contrast(on the TV). It adjusts brightness on the fly to increase contrast(makes the screen darker in dark scenes and brighter in bright scenes).

Example of what Dynamic contrast ends up doing.
2rnxaip.jpg

Another thing that may mess with color is if the TV has a ambient light sensor.

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Unfortunatly there is nothing of the sort in my TV menu it only has a couple of options & none of them has anything to do with brightness & ot contrast, as for the ambient light sensor even if it has one the light in the room is always the same. Im 100% sure there is nothing like that in the TV options/menu. And did i mention that my contrast/brightness changes even when i look in different direction while i play when i alt & tab whenever the scenery changes. But yes sometimes it does get darker when its a dark scenery.

Windows does not change brightness on desktops(Laptops tend to have this) that I have ever seen. That is why it would seem to be the TV.

Even if it can not be turned off, it seems to be the issue.

Does this happen in every game or just some?

If the problem happened in Videos only, they have an option in the AMD drivers, but under normal use Windows just does not do this kind of thing.

Can you look at a full screen bright image followed by a dark image to see if this happens on the desktop as well.

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Hi Nukemaster. Yes it does change the brightness contrast in the full extent of the screen like for example if i open up the amd control panel which has a dark theme it does the change the background (desktop) also. But if its the TV it self and it does not have an option to turn off what is my solution then?

You could try another input. Some TVs have a PC input that may not have this "feature". The downside is that it is normally a VGA port. This is not a huge issue most of the time, but if you use the computer for HD video(Bluray and some streaming services), the lack of copy protection may cause issues.

I can not find any information for Crown 19118. Does the TV have any other numbers?

Solution