Cant do a fresh install of windows 10 because of bootloop.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
So i've had this bootloop since I originally did this build back in June, but it was like a 1 out 10 chance of it ever happening. So let me go into depth about what actually happen. So when I turn on my pc, get past the POST, windows loads I either get asked to login or the loading circle appears, then the PC just reboots itself, everything turns off, fans, etc, then they boot back up at. Sometimes I can log in play games, no issues for hours on end. Sometimes I even leave the pc on for 24 hours or more and there is no reboot happening. This caused me to pinpoint the issue to the OS. ( I think) When I actually get to log in if I make it past the first 30 or so seconds then im safe, if not it reboots. So I tried to do a complete fresh install of windows on my C drive, but when the pc reboots to continue the installation, it just goes back into the loop.

This is honestly so frusteraing im sick of it, and just trying to fix it. I really have no idea how to properly explain this problem. This wasnt an issue in my previous build which shared the same PSU & 2 HDD's.

If anybody has any idea on what to do, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

on new build make sure the mb bios is up to date to rule out missing cpu code. on mb boot if it set to usb boot it restart the windows install. pull the usb stick when windows reboots. for your issue sounds like at post there an irq or memory range issue. where windows has to reboot to try and get two devices to stop locking the system up. if you have a video card and other cards in your new mb make sure there not on pci slots that share the same irq.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I have a GTX 980 in one of the pci express slots. thats the only card that I have.

Forgot to mention the Mobo is new in this build too. So the only new components are, ram, case, mobo, cpu.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

Yup I updated the bios. Still reboots. I got in played some games for a while, and as soon as I quit the game, and turned around the PC rebooted. Now that had never happened before. It's gotta be the HDD or a bad os.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Yeah Everytime I try and reinstall windows, once it gets to the reboot section it all goes down hill. Thus making it impossible to start from scratch. I also reseated the 24 pin molex. I honestly have no idea.

HiNu7

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I bought another psu. My psu is 7 years old at this point. My computer has been running now for a couple of hours too. I have to wait until Thursday for the new pair to arrive.