Question Can't do anything with unallocated space

Apr 16, 2019
Hi!
I have bought a brand new SSD and installed windows on it. I've got an HDD as well which had Windows installed on it too. After I installed Windows on the SSD I deleted the HDD's boot option in msconfig. After that, I went to diskmgmt.msc and selected the partition on my HDD on which Windows was and selected delete volume. After that I tried to extend the volume of the main partition of the HDD by the unallocated space (on which Windows was before I delete the volume) but then it hits me with this message: "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation." And then my whole disk became dynamic instead of basic. If I try to create a new simple volume on the unallocated space then it hits me with this: "The size of the extent is less than the minimum." I have also got a 500MB Recovery Partition and a 100MB EFI System Partition on the disk. Please help me, I'm not able to figure this one out.

The last time I tinkered with partitions, it seemed they may only be extended 'to the right' within disk management (i.e, one can't delete a tiny first partition listed first on the left, then extend the larger middle partition to encompass it, so, you'd likely have to delete all partitions first (recovery, EFI, etc) so that all the space shows unallocated, then you should be able reclaim all of the drive's space...

Apr 16, 2019
This is how it looks.

9xAfaH5.png

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, I have done that and it works properly.
OK then, on Disk 0, you should be able to DELETE the 3 partitions tot he right of the main D partition.
Then, you can Extend the D partition into that single blank space.

I strongly urge you to have a backup of all the data on that drive. Messing with partitions is riskier than not messing with them.

Apr 16, 2019
On the 500MB and the 100MB partitions if I right click on them, it only lists one option which is "Help". And when I try to extend the D partition it gives me this: "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation."

USAFRet

Titan
On the 500MB and the 100MB partitions if I right click on them, it only lists one option which is "Help". And when I try to extend the D partition it gives me this: "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation."
OK...
Do you have another drive or other space, to temporarily offload the contents of your D drive?
If so, do that.
Then, the commandline diskpart and the clean function. That will absolutely wipe that whole drive, letting you allocate it as one large space.

https://searchwindowsserver.techtar...t-to-create-extend-or-delete-a-disk-partition
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10