Question Can't Do Multiple Display From New Monitor to Old

Nov 23, 2020
Hi,

I have a new monitor (an LG 24GN50W) that works great, but I have an old Dell SE198WFP monitor from an old desktop laying around, so I decided to try and use the Dell for a second display (for workflow). Since it is old, it only has VGA and DVI ports, not HDMI like the LG. I had previously attempted to use two things:

1. A VGA-to-HDMI adapter, and a...
  2. DVI-to-HDMI cable

Neither have worked. I plug them in and the other display isn't found. I'd like to use the old display instead of buying a newer one.

Any ideas guys?

You connect that second monitor to the GPU on your computer. Most modern GPUs (even integrated ones) support HDMI, so HDMI-to-DVI should work.

What is your GPU? The title of your post makes me think you're trying to daisy-chain second monitor to the LG24, and this is not gonna work.

Nov 23, 2020
You connect that second monitor to the GPU on your computer. Most modern GPUs (even integrated ones) support HDMI, so HDMI-to-DVI should work.

What is your GPU? The title of your post makes me think you're trying to daisy-chain second monitor to the LG24, and this is not gonna work.
Radeon RX 580. And yeah, I was connecting just the LG monitor and the Dell.

TRENDING THREADS