[SOLVED] Can't download anything on any browser

Sep 24, 2019
Okay, so i CAN download stuff online but it can't be too big of a file. Basically any time i try to download something (no matter what browser) it will randomly freeze, and then fail. Ive tried absolutely everything and nothing seems to work. My internet speed is just fine so thats not the issue, im connected to the internet through ethernet. I can download games through launchers just fine, but on any browser it will randomly stop and then fail. I really need this fixed for obvious reasons, if anyone knows of anything it could be please let me know

Solution
I would try though reinstalling Windows. I guess that you've tried other solutions like reinstalling the LAN driver, updating browsers a.s.o.
Sep 24, 2019
Ive figured it out, (by not really actually figuring out the full problem) I was able to pull out a few more updates on my windows 7 that were giving me errors, and then on google chrome i was able to download files around 500-800 MB but firefox still didn't work, i ended up just buying windows 10 and it completely fixed my issue. So my problem was most likely one of the updates i had that i wasn't able to update on windows 7

Sep 24, 2019
Hi,

Can you take a look on Event Viewer, see if you can find anything in Windows Logs > Application + System. Filter logs for Critical, Warning and Error, see if you have any log from the browser or from Windows itself. If you see any suspecting log, search for the possible solution over internet or share with us.

HTH :)

Jack
@Blackbology