Can't download big files

Christian_21

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
So im not sure if this is were to post this but i hope its alright if not :D

So basically as the title says whenever i download bigger files it will download it half-way through (sometimes more sometimes less) and all of a sudden it just "cuts the connection" from the download what i mean by that is i can see on the file that the download speed just all of a sudden slows down all the way and just stops
It only happens sometimes with smaller files but when it does it with small files i just stop it and start it again..

The weird thing is though is whenever i download like huge amount of things on Utorrent there is no problem it just blows right through it in a couple of seconds but with Web browsers and even updates to games and graphic drivers it will just stop....

So yea any help would be appreciated :)

(Sorry for my not so good English hope its readable)

Solution
First step, reboot the router and modem. See if this happens on any system or just one. If it continues after that, check for updated firmware for the router. If that also keeps happening, check with the ISP.

Christian_21

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
Okay so i have Rebooted my router and modem and the problem is still there
Also on the other computers in the household there is no problems at all with downloading anything (Because thats what i usually do to like get my newest graphic drivers and what not)