[SOLVED] Can't Edit/Delete VPN Clients in Router?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hello

I have an odd problem I can't solve?

Please note - I DO NOT want to do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary!

This is in Win 8.1 Pro or 11 Pro depending on what pc I'm on, and Chrome - all of which are up to date.

I have an ASUS RT-AC68U Router with VPN Capabilities.

I wanted to add my NordVPN by adding the OpenVPN type settings into it but it won't let me.

I have done this in the past and there are 5x old entries still there.
It says there is a max of 5x for OpenVPN...

So I can't add more, but it won't let me Edit or Delete the existing ones?

As soon as I try either - it logs out of the Router Settings Dashboard in Chrome and goes back to the Router Dashboard login.... every single time?

And all 5x are still there exactly as they were.

I cannot figure this out?

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Solution
Are you sure it is not a firmware bug. I have been able to delete and change old ones. Asus has made a lot of changes to the vpn part of the firmware over the years and I use the merlin image so I can't be sure about how the factory image works. Unfortantly changing or updating the firmware it is strongly recommended you rest the router.
I would consider the merlin image, the vpn has a few more features and I found it easier to use and setup but asus may have integrated those feature into the main firmware since I have not looked.
Are you sure it is not a firmware bug. I have been able to delete and change old ones. Asus has made a lot of changes to the vpn part of the firmware over the years and I use the merlin image so I can't be sure about how the factory image works. Unfortantly changing or updating the firmware it is strongly recommended you rest the router.
I would consider the merlin image, the vpn has a few more features and I found it easier to use and setup but asus may have integrated those feature into the main firmware since I have not looked.

Solution