Question Can't enable DOCP with new RAM ?

Mar 14, 2023
Hello guys.

I just bought a new ram because with the old one I couldn't enable DOCP in my BIOS.

I have the Corsair LPX 2 x 16GB 3200Mhz (CMK32GX4M2E3200C16) now and the Asus Prime A320M-K Mobo.

If I start Windows with DOCP it doesn't boot anymore like with the old ram.

I also updated to the newest BIOS version but it still doesn't boot. I just get to ~2100Mhz instead of 3200...
I also know that this ram isn't in the QVL but obviously they haven't tested every ram with my mobo. (They have tested several LPX with 3200 but just not exactly mine)

Thanks in advance

Hello guys.

I just bought a new ram because with the old one I couldn't enable DOCP in my BIOS.

I have the Corsair LPX 2 x 16GB 3200Mhz (CMK32GX4M2E3200C16) now and the Asus Prime A320M-K Mobo.

If I start Windows with DOCP it doesn't boot anymore like with the old ram.

I also updated to the newest BIOS version but it still doesn't boot. I just get to ~2100Mhz instead of 3200...
I also know that this ram isn't in the QVL but obviously they haven't tested every ram with my mobo. (They have tested several LPX with 3200 but just not exactly mine)

Thanks in advance
What CPU are you using?

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
On 400 series motherboards the Ryzen 2000's typically didn't have a problem going to 3200MHz RAM. However, IFIRC with the 300 series motherboards it was a toss up whether it would work or not. You are limited by the RAM controller on the CPU and what the motherboard can handle. Officially the 2000 series supports 2933MHz RAM and the 300 series boards were designed for 2666MHz RAM. Do you have the choice to use XMP instead of DOCP? I know that DOCP uses XMP profiles but perhaps it is trying to make the timings too tight by not reading the profile correctly. Otherwise you can try to manually set the RAM timings. You can also try seeing if it will boot with a single stick in DOCP mode. If it does then try the other stick. If both stick boot as singles in DOCP then most likely your RAM controller or the motherboard cannot hand 3200MHz in dual channel. Remember for the 300 series boards that 3200MHz RAM is considered an overclock.

Mar 14, 2023
On 400 series motherboards the Ryzen 2000's typically didn't have a problem going to 3200MHz RAM. However, IFIRC with the 300 series motherboards it was a toss up whether it would work or not. You are limited by the RAM controller on the CPU and what the motherboard can handle. Officially the 2000 series supports 2933MHz RAM and the 300 series boards were designed for 2666MHz RAM. Do you have the choice to use XMP instead of DOCP? I know that DOCP uses XMP profiles but perhaps it is trying to make the timings too tight by not reading the profile correctly. Otherwise you can try to manually set the RAM timings. You can also try seeing if it will boot with a single stick in DOCP mode. If it does then try the other stick. If both stick boot as singles in DOCP then most likely your RAM controller or the motherboard cannot hand 3200MHz in dual channel. Remember for the 300 series boards that 3200MHz RAM is considered an overclock.
I do not have the choice to use XMP instead of DOCP.
How do I set the timings correctly?
With a single stick I also can't boot with DOCP.

I do not have the choice to use XMP instead of DOCP.
How do I set the timings correctly?
With a single stick I also can't boot with DOCP.
Odds are your motherboard cannot handle the 3200MHz RAM with a Ryzen 2000 series. You could always try getting 2933MHz RAM instead.
In order to manually set the timings you need to be in advanced mode. You will also need to know all the RAM timings and voltages.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...IME_A320M-K_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=PRIME A320M-K

Mar 14, 2023
Odds are your motherboard cannot handle the 3200MHz RAM with a Ryzen 2000 series. You could always try getting 2933MHz RAM instead.
In order to manually set the timings you need to be in advanced mode. You will also need to know all the RAM timings and voltages.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-K/E15417_PRIME_A320M-K_UM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=PRIME A320M-K
Maybe I could activate DOCP and set the speed to 2933 in the advanced settings?
Would that be enough?
I can try it later when I get home

A320 is 4 layered mainboard, thats 2666MHz guaranteed, on 6 layered mainboards was 2933MHz guaranteed
this applies to ryzen 1000/2000 series
l28HpHo.png