Question Cant enable the wifi adapter

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
I recently moved and for the first time in a month I booted my PC. The Wi-Fi doesn't work anymore, I tried enabling it in network connections, but all that does is showing a pop-up window "Enabled" still is disabled. Tried the same in Device Manager, which says it is Enabled, I tried a lot like resetting the network, restarting the PC and deleting the drivers and then installing them again. Need a fix please!

Ralston18

Titan
What specific error messages or windows do you see when your PC fails to connect? Do you (or anyone else) have other devices that are successfully connecting to the applicable network?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What make and model is the wireless adapter? Antennas?

Open the case and inspect. Look for loose connections: cards, cables, jumpers, RAM...

The move may have jiggled something loose.

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
you have to manually connect to the wifi available at your new home...it requires knowing the SSID of the wifi network and the password...if the SSID is hidden (common) then your wifi device will need to be manually configured.
I can't do that since the PC doesn't enable the Wi-Fi adapter. In the "Set up a new connection" the option manually connect isn't there and when I troubleshoot the adapter it says I need to update my drivers, but I need an internet connection to download drivers

I can't do that since the PC doesn't enable the Wi-Fi adapter. In the "Set up a new connection" the option manually connect isn't there and when I troubleshoot the adapter it says I need to update my drivers, but I need an internet connection to download drivers

If you're posting here you have internet access...even if you're on a phone you can download the drivers and use a USB cable to transfer them to your PC

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
you have to manually connect to the wifi available at your new home...it requires knowing the SSID of the wifi network and the password...if the SSID is hidden (common) then your wifi device will need to be manually configured.
Okay so after downloading d
If you're posting here you have internet access...even if you're on a phone you can download the drivers and use a USB cable to transfer them to your PC
Yeah I did that already and now it says not connected, but still can't manually connect

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
After realizing what I missed last time when I was writing here I decided to do another, but this time better.

So basically my Wi_Fi adapter stopped working with my PC ( it still works with this laptop I'm writing on and another PC) after I gave it to a fixer since I splashed water on it, he deleted ALL of my cache, including the driver for my adapter. The disk it came with is long gone and I tried downloading drivers from my laptop and throw them on my PC wit a USB stick. This worked and the PC can now see the adapter it is enabled, but it says "Not Connected" and using the "Connect" option does nothing. I tried restarting, removing and installing again, but it didn't work.

Here are the specs:

The Wi-Fi Adapter: TP-Link TLWN822N V3
CPU: Intel Core i5 6400
MoBo: Gigabyte B150
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 AMP Edition
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 1x8GB 2133MHz
HDD: 1TB WD Blue
SSD: Zotac 120GB
I think that's enough specs