Cant enter BIOS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010

my bios button is delete. when i had xp a week ago, it entered bios. Now that i upgraded to win 7, when i press del, it goes into windows advanced settings? im pressing the same button :cry:

hooray4boobies

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Are you mashing the DEL button right from the moment you press the go button? lol you may just be missing the post.

Alternatively, In your POST screen press the PAUSE/BREAKE button on your keyboard and find where it says PRESS "x" TO ENTER BIOS...

verbalizer

Distinguished
If you can boot into windows:

* Close all open programs.
* Press the Windows key + R. The "Run" tab appears.
* Type msconfig and then click [OK].
* The System Configuration Utility appears, click on the tab. Select the Safe Boot . Make sure the box "Minimal" is checked and then click [OK].

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/malmental/f7Z0epbp-system-utility-s-.png

* Then you will be prompted to restart the computer. Click [Restart]. The computer restarts in Safe mode. **(This may take several minutes.)
* Perform troubleshooting in safe mode.
* When you've completed your troubleshooting in safe mode, repeat the early steps to uncheck the "Safe boot".
* Close all programs and restart the computer.

naphets

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
you people are not listening to the issue! I have the same issue as well.
"my bios button is delete. when i had xp a week ago, it entered bios. Now that i upgraded to win 7, when i press del, it goes into windows advanced settings? im pressing the same button :cry: "
now if i wanted to get to safe mode i could do that in a jiffy. ITS THE BIOS WE CANNOT ENTER! windows 7 seems to have eliminated the possibility of ever entering the bios ever again. f1, f2, f8, f12, delete.... all take you to advanced windows boot options! all i want to do is boot off a linux usb stick, and write zeros to the drive and be done with this windows 7 junk... which I would do 10 seconds after entering the BIOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.