Question Can't enter the BIOS - No access to Windows

Apr 13, 2019
Hello, first of all I'd like to apologise in advance for my ignorance. I didn't know whether to post this on the Windows forums or here, but since I'm stuck with Linux now, I'm posting it here.

I wanted to try Linux pop os, so I tried to enter the BIOS pressing f2 (my laptop is a dell inspiron 15 7559, but I still tried every common key), but for some reason I couldn't the the post screen, so no matter when I pressed f2, it would always boot into windows. So I went to recovery settings and entered the advanced start up mode, and with that I was finally able to enter the BIOS. I changed the boot drive to my USB drive with pop os on it, and also changed from UEFI to Legacy mode (something that I think I shouldn't have done).

Moving forward to the installation, after making a partition on my second ssd, for some reason it said "could not install, hardware error" so all I could do was to go into the demo mode. And since I can't go to the BIOS unless I do it from Windows (and I can't do that anymore) I'm stuck in demo mode.
I installed boot repair on pop os and after running it, it said "The current session is in Legacy mode. Please reboot the computer, and use this software in an EFI session. This will enable this feature."

I don't know what to do from this point... Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Perhaps this would be of assistance to you?

Note: To boot to the UEFI BIOS without entering Windows use the steps below:

Power on the system.

Tap the F2 key to enter System Setup when the Dell logo appears. If you have trouble entering Setup using this method, press F2 when the keyboard LEDs first flash.

Try not to hold down the F2 key as this can sometimes be interpreted as a stuck key by the system.

https://www.dell.com/support/articl...etup-from-windows-on-your-dell-system?lang=en

I can't attest to any certainty about it, as I have no Dell equipment on hand, but that is from Dell's support page.

Another method that I found, relating to a different model of Dell laptop/notebook is as follows:
Please connect an external keyboard and tap F2 and check if system enters the BIOS page? Also try Fn + F2 to enter the BIOS.
Perhaps that would be more appropriate to the situation you are dealing with?