Can't factory reset

Isaac_222

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
So, my laptop has stopped being able to connect to wifi. What happens is: I will turn on the wifi and it will say on but then it says no networks found, so I just want to do whatever I can to reset it. However, no matter what options I choose it always stops at around 30 percent and goes to a screen that says "there was an error resetting your pc. No changes were made." I would really appreciate either a fix or another way to reset it.

Solution
I would get
Realtek Wireless driver and utility Version V2023.25.1201.2015, its the 1st choice under wireless on the Asus web site I linked above,
I would also grab Asus Live update Version V3.4.3 from in utilities as you can run it to update everything else.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would offer a fix to reset but I suspect it would need internet and you don't have that on laptop so its a waste of time.

Instead, best fix if a reset won't work is a fresh install. on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Isaac_222

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
Well, that somewhat worked....I used this but it wouldn't boot all the way. So I restarted and it was half like when you first boot it up from buying. So I did the "use this if you're recycling the pc" option for factory reset and THAT finally worked. I still can't connect to wifi though.....any ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't suppose you can attach it via Ethernet? Even if its just while running Asus live update to update the drivers. If you just reset it you need to grab windows updates as well.

Asus web site: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X553SA/HelpDesk_Download/

Isaac_222

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
You think it might be a driver update? I'll give it a try whenever I can find a place that gives me access to ethernet. Don't suppose you know where I can get that?

Colif

Win 11 Master

another way to get drivers would be download them on someone elses PC and put them on a USB. All you need is the WiFi to get everything else

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would get
Realtek Wireless driver and utility Version V2023.25.1201.2015, its the 1st choice under wireless on the Asus web site I linked above,
I would also grab Asus Live update Version V3.4.3 from in utilities as you can run it to update everything else.

Solution