[SOLVED] Can't figure out why my new PC is freezing

nyrg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2019
I don't know if I should put this here or in components.. Can't really seem to find out what area is causing the issue. It could be windows for all I know.

SYSTEM:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (with wraith spire stock cooler)
RAM: HyperX 8GB DDR4
MOBO: ASUS Prime B450-PLUS
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI)
Storage: 480GB Kingston SSD and 3TB seagate barracuda
PSU is TX750M 80 plus gold 750W and has 0 issues far as I can see
Internet connected through ethernet cable if its relevant

Whatever program I'm using will occasionally freeze for around 8-15 seconds. These freezes can happen with hours apart or much less, and they *might* cause other programs or windows or whatever that I'm not in to freeze as well or act weird since there is obviously something that is taking a long time to respond. Exactly what it is I have no clue.

I have tried:

- Updating drivers through both geforce, amd and asus.. (except asus chipset because for some reason it wouldn't update, but apparently its not important? its still a recent version)
- Updating and reinstalling windows 10
- Running memory check
- Adjusting virtual memory
- Running disk check
- Running system file checker
- Resetting network adapter
- Set hard disk to turn off after: never
- Disabled quick start setting
- Scanning as best as I could for *any* malware, including running through the registry etc

Probably some other small thing I forgot.

Temperatures are normal
Literally everything seems to be running fine except for this 1 issue

Like I said I don't know what specifically could be causing this and whatever I search on the internet doesn't really give me any good answers. The description I gave above is pretty much what happens, but I will mention I had a slight issue where everything including the browsers and drop-down menu from right clicking seemed to hang and become slow after exiting R6S before I re-installed windows. Since after that I've only continued having the main issue I mentioned with freezing.

nyrg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2019

How are they able to screw over that many people? If it really is the SSD, is there no way but to replace it? Its not that I couldn't pay for a new one, but it does piss me off if that is the case.