Question cant find memory compatible with mobo

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Hi really frustrating I have the ram list for my motherboard as follows:
However I cannot find any of the listed memory cards on Amazon.. All of them have different serials literally cant find any of the makes on the list for sale. Its almost maddening. I cannot put my current memory in the correct duel slot but my system only runs with sticks in first two slots. Tried two mobos and different ram but both rams dont work in correct positions and both arnt compatible with the mobo. However Im struggling to find any anywhere... Looking on Amazon uk but literally non of the hundreds of cosair ram cards are not on the list.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass on the Gigabyte motherboard's model? It's memory sticks, not cards. Thy are two different things. As for the motherboard, if you have it in hand, you might want to pass on the BIOS version at this moment of time.

EG 27" QHD 144hz 1ms 2560 x 1440 Monitor
PHANTEKS Eclipse P600S
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, RX5700XT
Crucial MX500 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, 860 Evo 1TB,
Patriot Steel 2x8GB 3800Mhz 16,16,16,16,32
Tomahawk B450 Max, EVGA 650w QG

Is what's listed in your sig space, the link you've provided shows X570, B550. Which is it?

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Can you pass on the Gigabyte motherboard's model? It's memory sticks, not cards. Thy are two different things. As for the motherboard, if you have it in hand, you might want to pass on the BIOS version at this moment of time.

EG 27" QHD 144hz 1ms 2560 x 1440 Monitor
PHANTEKS Eclipse P600S
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, RX5700XT
Crucial MX500 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, 860 Evo 1TB,
Patriot Steel 2x8GB 3800Mhz 16,16,16,16,32
Tomahawk B450 Max, EVGA 650w QG

Is what's listed in your sig space, the link you've provided shows X570, B550. Which is it?
My BIOS is F15A, I have had to change it many times to get a working system (ones that don't have CPU LED debug lights and sometimes Ram too unless they're in first two slots). Although the ram is so slow due to not being able to oc it at all or no boot. Its an Aorus Pro AC and that was the B550 board and the whole title of the link is: 'X570S X570 B550_6L ML DDR4 QVL ( Vermeer CPU )' Does that mean they have the same compatibility across all boards? See for yourself: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AC-rev-1x/support#support-doc

Anyway I think even compatible memory sticks won't work properly or that's my feeling. I think it could be a CPU problem? but my 5600x works fine under these highly restricted memory configurations. I bought some new memory that's accepted for my CPU and Motherboard according to the tables.. These were the only ones I could find on Amazon without losing my sanity: Corsair LPX 32GB (4X8G) DDR4 3600 C18 (CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18) I tried the new motherboard :ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II and I don't get a post a CPU and Memory failure LEDs solid colours.

Last edited:

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Ok an update, I was playing an emulator and computer hard froze and had to power off manually. On restart I got no screen and the ram light. I reset CMOS start up same thing. I update BIOS to latest and I put memory cards in proper duel channel slot.. Restart it and it keeps restarting like 8 times before it finally started posting properly. I am amazed as i've never got duel channel to work before (previously I had the most recent BIOS at the time)

so I restart and go into BIOS and see the memory only has 1.2v on it and the memory I have is rated to 1.35 so I manually set to 1.35 and enabled the XMP profile well the slower version. It booted! but it did do a false start and then posted. But when I restart and click go into bios with a mind to choose the fastest XMP profile I get black screen but PC is still running and ram light is on again! However I restart and it boots fine. I check CPU Z to check if im still on slower profile and I was. So my system is still unstable but I don't know why? I tried chkdsk on C drive the windows but its fine. But when I did a userbenchmark all my ssds including windows one got 0 which has never happened before. I also have another windows on another SSD but its dormant and I cant look at the files. Could that be the mystery thats causing the instability? What tests can I do?

TRENDING THREADS