[SOLVED] Can't find the MS office that came with my laptop

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
After I clean installed windows and logged in from my Microsoft account, MS office 365 shows I don't have any subscription. I checked all my emails but there is no trace of any office subscription! I got the windows 10 activation back after the login. It was a home and student version and it came free with my laptop. So is it gone now?

Solution
check in the Microsoft Store app to see if it is still listed in your library.
if you have signed into Windows with your MS account and had Office 365 running it will still be available for re-download/install.

if not;
contact the manufacturer or retailer purchased from and explain to them that you need access.
normally they would offer a backup installation disk with the OEM software available.
After I clean installed windows and logged in from my Microsoft account, MS office 365 shows I don't have any subscription. I checked all my emails but there is no trace of any office subscription! I got the windows 10 activation back after the login. It was a home and student version and it came free with my laptop. So is it gone now?
Unless you can find the physical license key (if you had one) of the email with the licnese info, yes, it's gone.
If you're sure you had it activated, try different email addresses. Was it purchased with the computer or did someone buy it for you afterwards?

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Unless you can find the physical license key (if you had one) of the email with the licnese info, yes, it's gone.
If you're sure you had it activated, try different email addresses. Was it purchased with the computer or did someone buy it for you afterwards?
It came free with my laptop and it was an oem version which was pre installed.

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Generally, it's tied to your Microsoft account. Try logging in to your account in web browser and it should tell you if you have office 365.
It used to show that it's connected to Microsoft and is activated before I reinstalled windows. No there is no tress! the reason people use crack is this. complete trash sync system of ms office. I just don't know what to say.

It used to show that it's connected to Microsoft and is activated before I reinstalled windows. No there is no tress! the reason people use crack is this. complete trash sync system of ms office. I just don't know what to say.
Office licenses and Windows licenses are two separate licenses - they aren't synced and they're not supposed to be.

It IS possible to use the same email account, sure. If Office was purchased, then you just need the email address and password it was purchased under. Simple as that.

DSzymborski

Titan

Was the Office version that was preloaded actually Office 360? What is the model of laptop?

What do you mean by a tress?

As of now, I'm not sure there's any reason to blame Microsoft. If you don't have anything attached to your MS account and no evidence of having a license, why would Office 365 work? A Microsoft account is required to install it and if you were authorized, it would be associated with your account already. In any case, a preloaded Home and Student version is not Office 365.

Last edited:
if you have signed into Windows with your MS account and had Office 365 running it will still be available for re-download/install.

if not;
contact the manufacturer or retailer purchased from and explain to them that you need access.
normally they would offer a backup installation disk with the OEM software available.

Solution

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018

if not;
yes, it's still in the library but that does not allow me to revive the activation. nor it allows me to install ms home and student. if I click on it it just redirects me to office 365 online which is stupid.

DSzymborski

Titan
yes, it's still in the library but that does not allow me to revive the activation. nor it allows me to install ms home and student. if I click on it it just redirects me to office 365 online which is stupid.

What do you specifically mean by "not allowing you?" Be detailed. And with screenshots, too. Nobody here is at your computer except for you, so you have to serve as eyes and ears for anyone who might be able to help you.

Reactions: hakimul.islam

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Was the Office version that was preloaded actually Office 360? What is the model of laptop?

What do you mean by a tress?

As of now, I'm not sure there's any reason to blame Microsoft. If you don't have anything attached to your MS account and no evidence of having a license, why would Office 365 work? A Microsoft account is required to install it and if you were authorized, it would be associated with your account already. In any case, a preloaded Home and Student version is not Office 365.
It was office home and student preloaded but it wasn't trial, it was activated. " In any case, a preloaded Home and Student version is not Office 365." yes it's not but doesn't make sense. in any case anyone make a move related to ms office(like install office), they are redirected to the office online tab where it says you don't have any subscription(unless you really purchased 1 their recommended version and linked it to the account. still, it's supposed to sync itself whatever version wth?)

Last edited:
It was a home and student version and it came free with my laptop.
when was this?

the 365 version is only available through online subscription as far as i've seen.

if you had a Home & Student version installed on the system when you purchased it then you would need a link from the manufacturer to re-download this activated OEM version.

when you wiped your OEM version of Windows and installed a copy downloaded from Microsoft you forfeited any OEM software that came with that OEM install.

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
when was this?

the 365 version is only available through online subscription as far as i've seen.

if you had a Home & Student version installed on the system when you purchased it then you would need a link from the manufacturer to re-download this activated OEM version.

when you wiped your OEM version of Windows and installed a copy downloaded from Microsoft you forfeited any OEM software that came with that OEM install.
That's right, sorry I was kinda out of my mind bcz after clean install of windows 10, my pc is so messed up. using windows from windows 98, and I have to say windows 7 was the best windows ever.....
I requested for the factory reset file from the manufacturer and they provided me what I want. Now I have to do what I have to do. All these occurred bcz I accidentally used "clean junk" feature of Avira antivirus and maybe it corrupted/deleted my system files which broke 1. Windows Update, 2. SFC and, 3. DISM. Tried everything to avoid clean windows installation but in vain, nothing was able to repair system files. Now I'm screwed :-( .

Thank you all for your suggestion, time and effort. it really helped.