Can't game and watch a stream ANYMORE

Dalton801

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
So, I recently replaced my GPU from a nvidia gtx750ti to an ASUS 1060 dual OC with 3gb.
I have a habit to play games on my main monitor and watch a streamer on my second monitor.
Now that I upgraded my GPU, I can no longer do that, The game loses frames and the stream lags!

Any help as to why this is happening now is greatly appreciated. It's super frustrating.
Also my CPU is i3 4160.

Solution
I would lower the graphic settings in the games. I assume you bumped them up after installing the new GPU.

Installing a more powerful CPU generally should not have much of an impact because the GPU is rendering the graphics and also decoding the video so that it can be displayed on the 2nd monitor. The CPU would only decide the video if the GPU cannot do so, but this only applies to very old GPUs that do not have the hardware to decode newer video formats (codecs). CPUs, even modern CPUs, does a poor job at decoding videos.

I assume you have increased the resolution and settings with your games with the 1060? The issue is that your CPU is probably bottle-necking like hell, so you may need to upgrade the CPU as well for that sort of multitasking because even in gaming by itself it is probably being bottlenecked.

Dalton801

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016

I assumed that was the issue, just had to be confirmed. My only problem is that my motherboard can only take 2nd gen Intel CPU's. My PC is about 4 years old.
I'm okay with upgrading the CPU on my current MOBO but also feel Ill get more bang for my buck if I just scrap my current PC and build anew.

I would lower the graphic settings in the games. I assume you bumped them up after installing the new GPU.

Installing a more powerful CPU generally should not have much of an impact because the GPU is rendering the graphics and also decoding the video so that it can be displayed on the 2nd monitor. The CPU would only decide the video if the GPU cannot do so, but this only applies to very old GPUs that do not have the hardware to decode newer video formats (codecs). CPUs, even modern CPUs, does a poor job at decoding videos.

Solution