[SOLVED] Cant get 1920 x 1080 resolution

yanna1

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Hi,

I am having a strange issue getting 1920 x 1080 resolution on my pc.

I recently got an new motherboard after the old one became faulty. I put everything back together and connected my gpu(1660 super) to my monitor(AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5) using a display port cable as I always do.

I get a display but it’s not 1920 x 1080. When I right click on the desktop and go to display settings, under resolution there are options for different ones but not 1920 x 1080.

I don’t understand what’s changed. I can use my HDMI cable and I get 1920 x 1080 but not with my display port cable.

I’m going to take the cable into work tomorrow and try it. Maybe the cable is faulty now.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this?

I worried if it’s not the cable then maybe the display port on the back of the GPU. It’s only a couple months old.

Thank you

Specs.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB) 3200Mhz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super
1TB 860 evo SSD
650W Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold

AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5

Solution
Yes I have and it was resolved with a replacement cable.

When you speak of a new motherboard, did you reinstall all your drivers(after you reinstalled your OS) in this order:
  1. Motherboard Chipset
  2. USB and third party controllers
  3. Management Engine Interface (Intel)
  4. Audio
  5. Networking adapter (Wired and/or Wireless)
  6. Graphics card (onboard or dedicated)
  7. Storage (native and/or third party)
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse
  9. Gamepads and game controllers
  10. Displays and/or monitors

With all drivers installed in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Lutfij

Titan
Yes I have and it was resolved with a replacement cable.

When you speak of a new motherboard, did you reinstall all your drivers(after you reinstalled your OS) in this order:
  1. Motherboard Chipset
  2. USB and third party controllers
  3. Management Engine Interface (Intel)
  4. Audio
  5. Networking adapter (Wired and/or Wireless)
  6. Graphics card (onboard or dedicated)
  7. Storage (native and/or third party)
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse
  9. Gamepads and game controllers
  10. Displays and/or monitors

With all drivers installed in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Solution

yanna1

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Yes I installed the drivers with exception of 7,8 and 9. 8 and 9 just worked from the off and didn't realise I needed drivers for 7.

I thought as much as the cable but just thought i would ask anyways.

Will try it out tomorrow. Not having much luck at the moment with things just seeming to stop working for no reason.

Thanks

yanna1

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Tried the cable at home again and it worked. However I put the pc to sleep and when i woke it i got no display. I have ordered a new display port cable and will try that.