[SOLVED] Can't get 75hz on my UHD 630

warhammer23

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
As per the title, I can't seem to make this Dell Pc output 75hz on my 75hz FHD screen; only 60hz.

While waiting to build my new pc, I got myself a Dell MFF 7070 with an i5 9500T to keep me going. From Intel's & Dell's website, the CPU supports up to 4k@24hz on HDMI and 4k@60hz on DP, so plenty for my screen.

This particular 7070 has 2x DP ports at the back. Also the CPU checks DP 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 protocols.

My screen is an Acer KG271 FHD 75hz with 2x HDMI and 1xVga. Before this I had an Asus Strix GTX 1080 and the 75hz @ 1080p worked, of course, on the same HDMI cable I'm using now(+an dp to hdmi adapter since DP only on the Dell).

I tried:
-2 generic HDMI cables on a generic DP to HDMI adapter, nothing.
-All the drivers, up to date.
-Tried a custom resolution from Intel's app and from Windows, no luck

So I'm wondering, do I need a higher tier DP to HDMI cable or it's something else I'm missing?

Thank you.

Solution
Do you know if the adapter is type 1 or 2? Type 1 is limited to 60Hz. Only way of knowing if it is type 2 is if the advertised resolution supports 4k.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do you know if the adapter is type 1 or 2? Type 1 is limited to 60Hz. Only way of knowing if it is type 2 is if the advertised resolution supports 4k.

Last edited:
Reactions: warhammer23
Solution
As per the title, I can't seem to make this Dell Pc output 75hz on my 75hz FHD screen; only 60hz.

While waiting to build my new pc, I got myself a Dell MFF 7070 with an i5 9500T to keep me going. From Intel's & Dell's website, the CPU supports up to 4k@24hz on HDMI and 4k@60hz on DP, so plenty for my screen.

This particular 7070 has 2x DP ports at the back. Also the CPU checks DP 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 protocols.

My screen is an Acer KG271 FHD 75hz with 2x HDMI and 1xVga. Before this I had an Asus Strix GTX 1080 and the 75hz @ 1080p worked, of course, on the same HDMI cable I'm using now(+an dp to hdmi adapter since DP only on the Dell).

I tried:
-2 generic HDMI cables on a generic DP to HDMI adapter, nothing.
-All the drivers, up to date.
-Tried a custom resolution from Intel's app and from Windows, no luck

So I'm wondering, do I need a higher tier DP to HDMI cable or it's something else I'm missing?

Thank you.
I would try a new cable over anything's else to start minus checking to see if the computer drivers are up to date from manufacturer site

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/optiplex-7070-desktop/drivers

Reactions: warhammer23

warhammer23

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013

Thank you very much. I have no idea, I have had it for a while. Doesn't say anything on it no branding etc. So chances are this might be the reason. Will order a new one and see what happens.