Question Cant get image from phone to laptop via bluetooth

May 12, 2024
Hi,
I have taken pictures on my Alcatal 2057D phone. I cant transfer them to my computer by bluetooth...the phone and the computer's bluetooth can see each other, but they wont pair up.
Do you know what might be wrong?

My laptop is Huawei Matebook D and uses windows 11 home

Ralston18

Titan
What app or utility are you using?

Will either or both the Matebook D or the laptop transfer files to any other device via Bluetooth?

Any error codes, pop-up windows, etc. appearing when the laptop and phone fail to pair?

How long are you waiting for the "pairing"?

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,
I have taken pictures on my Alcatal 2057D phone. I cant transfer them to my computer by bluetooth...the phone and the computer's bluetooth can see each other, but they wont pair up.
Do you know what might be wrong?

My laptop is Huawei Matebook D and uses windows 11 home
USB is probably much easier. Bluetooth and image sizes from modern cell phones would be pretty slow.

You could setup a file share, its rather easy on windows, just make sure the user you set up the file share does have a password or the files share just doesn't work right, and find the app called CX File Explorer on your phone, works on apple and android, and go to the network tab and add your computer and login.

Can then copy your pictures, videos, files from your phone to the network share, much faster and reliable than Bluetooth. At least thats how I've ben doing it, tired of fighting with crappy bluetooth.

You could also use a file sharing service like Outlook, or Google Drive, Dropbox, then access it with your computer, but then you are limited by your internet speed, epically if its bigger files like longer videos.

Good Luck!