Can't get into XP setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homers

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012
Hi all. My Windows XP computer from 2001 (HP Pavilion, 1GHz AMD Duron, 128MB RAM, 30GB HDD) has a Unmountable Boot Volume BSOD which appears for a millisecond during the boot and then the PC restarts itself and back to square one.

I know what to do to fix it. I have a XP CD, I booted the PC from the CD, then on the black screen it says 'Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration', and then the blue setup screen appears and it says 'Setup is loading files' at the bottom, and lots and lots of files load until suddenly, 'The file intelide.sys is corrupted', and I'm forced to restart. The same happens every time, and the corrupted files are usually different every time (i.e. it was once iteatapi.sys).

Please help! I need to fix the PC!

profkefah

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012
waht arabi video u talking about
iyou asked me
So basically you're saying the CD is dirty? Is that the only cause you think?
i answered u
may be
try it first

Homers

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012
Oh. I clicked on that YouTube link below your comment. I thought that was a video how to clean the CD, I guess? Sorry about that. I'll try cleaning the CD soon!

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

try safe mode f10 for repair f12 for reset at start-up all

johnmacrye

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
sorry to say but that's the lowest on specs I have ever seen, u have registry errors big time u need a reg., defrager try CCleaner it ok :)

Homers

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012
No guys, I CANNOT boot to Windows, because it has the Unmountable Boot Volume BSOD. This also occurs when I'm booting into Safe Mode.

So therefore, all that needs to be fixed is the CD!

drifter77

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
My advice, get yourself a cheap rig or a new laptop. Believe me, you'll waste time trying to boot an old machine but a fresh new one will serve you well. Time for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts