Question Can't get intro BIOS. No splash screen. Had this problem 2 weeks ago and fixed it...and it's back!

analogboy

Prominent
May 6, 2019
Gigabyte 390 Designare
2080ti

This is so dumb. So a couple weeks ago I had an issue where my computer wouldn't show the motherboard splash screen, meaning I couldn't get into the BIOS. If I spammed the DEL key my monitor wouldn't display anything and eventually go into sleep mode and if I did nothing, I would boot right into windows and otherwise function properly. I needed to change some things in the BIOS and no matter what I did, including clearing the CMOS, I couldn't get the Gigabyte splash screen to appear. I ended up taking the videocard out and disconnecting the harddrives and trying to go off the integrated graphics with no luch. However, once I plugged the card and harddrives back in the splash screen magically reappeared and everything worked fine since then.

Now tonight, I go to restart to lower my voltage in the BIOS and the same issue has reappeared. It doesn't make sense. I didn't change any settings, didn't enable fast boot. The same problem is back and I have no idea why. My system has run perfectly for the last 2 weeks, not a single crash or BsoD. I'm at a loss as I really felt like I finally had it stable. I've messaged Gigabyte directly and they seem pretty clueless and give me some standardized answers. Any advice?