[SOLVED] Can't get native resolution in 4k on Metro 2033 Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

icyulkn

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
I'm having trouble getting 4k to show up in the resolution selection screen for Metro 2033 Redux. I play in 4k in games all the time and this is a first I can't get it to work after exhausting all options. This is also the Epic Store version (if that matters). I tried messing with Metro's cfg file and disabling my audio receiver in case the game it thinks it's a second monitor. My current resolution is in 4k.

Solution
Hello @ icyulkn

Some users have encountered issues such as not being able to set their native resolution; the game resetting their chosen resolution to a lower one; or the game's maximum available resolution being lower than their monitor's native resolution.

Such cases may be caused by the presence of multiple monitors attached to the computer, or attempting to play the game on an attached TV where larger resolutions may not be available. Possible solutions include unplugging any extra monitors, or setting the multi-monitor display mode in Windows to "Computer Only".

As a side note, try uninstalling and then re-installing the GPU drivers. Do a clean re-install. What are your full PC specs ?
Hello @ icyulkn

Some users have encountered issues such as not being able to set their native resolution; the game resetting their chosen resolution to a lower one; or the game's maximum available resolution being lower than their monitor's native resolution.

Such cases may be caused by the presence of multiple monitors attached to the computer, or attempting to play the game on an attached TV where larger resolutions may not be available. Possible solutions include unplugging any extra monitors, or setting the multi-monitor display mode in Windows to "Computer Only".

As a side note, try uninstalling and then re-installing the GPU drivers. Do a clean re-install. What are your full PC specs ?

Last edited:
Solution

icyulkn

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
Hello @ icyulkn

I completely disconnected my Audio Receiver and it still is doing it.

icyulkn

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
Hello @ icyulkn

I suppose I'll uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

icyulkn

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2019
Hello @ icyulkn

Strange, it was the drivers. Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick. Thanks!

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Status
Not open for further replies.