Question Can't get new machine to POST

Tyrlaan

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
Hi all,
New to the forums, and honestly new-ish to building PCs. This is the second time I've done it and the last time was 6 years ago.

Anyway, here is a breakdown of the equipment I'm using: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xTCkNQ
(monitor, 1TB drive, and DVD drive are from my old system. I may have the precise models of the 1B and DVD drives wrong.)

Build-wise, the DVD drive is disconnected, no power or SATA connection currently plugged in. Also, I haven't snagged an HDMI cable for my monitor yet so it's currently plugged in with DVI-D to the mobo.

When I power it up, everything seems to turn on. All fans are running, including the GPU fans. But then nothing else happens. None of the Debug LEDs are on. In the initial seconds after a powerup, I've seen one light turn on for a second or two but then turn off and stay off, which I honestly am assuming is just part of the system check process when turned on.

As you may imagine, I'm at a loss on what to do. Anxious for any ideas and happy to clarify details I may have missed.