Question Cant get Radeon settings

Apr 22, 2020
Hello everyone I wanted to tell you about this situation I’m in. So I recently bought a rx 580 8 gb red devil and I put in my pc every thing worked fine besides the fact that I don’t know how to get amd Radeon setting and I’ve went to the amd website and downloaded the drivers which just downloaded Radeon software which I already have. Btw there is a Disc but I can’t use it cause I don’t have a optical drive.PLEASE HELP :(

After you download and install the Radeon Software/Drivers, you should be able to right click on your desktop and the first item should be "AMD Radeon Software"
Here is a link to the drivers/software https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Alternatively you can go into your Start Menu, then programs and ther should be a folder AMD Radeon Software, inside that the application to click on.

If you have already installed the drivers/software and you dont see either of these options, restart you computer and look again/

Apr 22, 2020
After you download and install the Radeon Software/Drivers, you should be able to right click on your desktop and the first item should be "AMD Radeon Software"
Here is a link to the drivers/software https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Alternatively you can go into your Start Menu, then programs and ther should be a folder AMD Radeon Software, inside that the application to click on.

If you have already installed the drivers/software and you dont see either of these options, restart you computer and look again/
I’m sorry but i dint see the smart menu

Apr 22, 2020

yea sorry I'm dumb I went to software and driver and checked for update and it said I'm good so do I just rest my pc

I am having the same problem OP is, and would like to possibly clarify. There are two AMD programs. AMD Radeon Settings, and AMD Radeon Software. Radeon software is downloaded on my PC as well, but I need the Radeon Settings program. I also cannot find this program anywhere. I know it exists, because I had it before a Windows reinstall.

For my purpose, I need to be able to access the Eyefinity settings, which do not appear to be available through the Software app, just the Settings app. Any mention of Eyefinity goes through the Radeon Settings program, which is also how I did it before. I cannot find a download for this separate app. From memory, the Settings app has an icon similar to the Software app, but is White and Red, instead of just Red.

Jun 5, 2020
Saw this thread and was curious if the OP found the settings. I have an RX580 running on Win 10, and I spend a lot of time adjusting the settings.

While AND used to separate the Radeon Software and settings, you will find that there is only one app called Radeon Software now where you can find the settings for the GPU, ReLive, Streaming settings, Performance metrics, Eyefinity, video player controls and monitor display settings for use in and out of games.

Search for the Radeon Software app. The gear icon on the top right corner of the app is where you can access the settings.

Really hope this helps.

I found the program I needed, but the .exe is not called Radeon anything. its name is CCC.exe. To get this exe, you need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.2.2-Mar5\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B352355. In this folder, there is a ccc2_install. exe. Run this to install the program. Once you have finished running this installer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim. In this folder, you will find the CCC.exe file. This should launch Radeon Settings app. This is how I had to find the app when I was looking at the time of this thread. I do not know if anything has changed with new drivers, but I will check and update.

Edit - It seems that I cannot get either Radeon Settings or Radeon Software to launch at this time. I do not know why.

Jun 5, 2020
I'm pretty certain that CCC.exe informs the Radeon Adrenalin platform. The Catalyst Control Center has been supplanted by Adrenaline and while it's tools may work with some effort it your 580 will thank you for using the new software there are more options and it's way more efficient IMO than the CCC.
-------------
Did you install your drivers with Administrator Privileges Enabled?

I would recommend doing a full uninstall of all AMD software and drivers, then clean your registry. I like to go in to program files and delete every instance of AMD.

Now download the latest drivers: https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.5.1-may27.exe

Restart Windows, and then do I nice clean install. Remember that all AMD software should be installed and uninstalled with Administrator Privileges Enabled .

All the eyefinity tools are most definitely in the Radeon Software App under settings then Global Display.

Really hope that does the trick

JS

All of the above I have done. I used CCC.exe when the post was originally made, since, at least based on the drivers I had at the time, there was no way to customize Eyefinity in the Radeon Software main app. Eyefinity could be enabled, but I needed to set up bezel correction, which was unavailable. I needed to go through the app CCC.exe in order to get back the settings app that had the proper controls for Eyefinity presets and bezel correction. I do not know if they have updated the Software to include all those features, since the programs will not launch after I updated my drivers a couple days ago. I havent had the time to try troubleshooting that problem yet.

Also, I use a Vega 56, not an RX 580, so there might be slight differences there in drivers/apps.