[SOLVED] Can't get RX 570 to work, but PC works fine on integrated GPU ?

stefansteva

Honorable
Dec 29, 2017
Hello guys i hope i can get some help here, so me and my friend build a new/used pc we bought half built:

i5 10400,
ssd
hdd
random psu 600w
H410m s2h v3 mobo
2 sticks of 8g ram

We just wanted to slap his old RX 570 gpu and that's it. Problem is there is no display when we try to turn on the pc, btw it pc works perfectly fine on integrated gpu even light gaming as a Esports titles.

What we tried:

• Replaced RAM with different one
  • Swapped cables
  • Tried DVI-D,Hdmi, Displayport,
  • Changed PSU to bequiet system power 9 600w,
  • Swapped gpus tried with gtx 1050ti that was laying around and still nothing,
  • We then took old pc and tried everything on old i5 2400 setup and both gpus work perfectly.
  • Then we updated bios on new setup, turned off integrated gpu and still no display.
  • Then we thought its motherboard, so we bought msi h410m-a pro board and nope still no display,

So last thing is i guess processor. is it possible that could be processor not working properly or something and its not recognizing GPU ?

p.s sorry for bad english guys i hope you can understand it, its not my native language

Solution
Sounds like you know to plug the monitor cable into the RX570 and plug in the 8-pin power to the RX570 since you got it workin on the i5-2400 system.

What mobo are you currently using? The H410M S2H or the H410M-A Pro?

Since the 1050Ti wouldn't work, and a new PSU changed nothing, it has to be a BIOS setting for default GPU.
Sounds like you know to plug the monitor cable into the RX570 and plug in the 8-pin power to the RX570 since you got it workin on the i5-2400 system.

What mobo are you currently using? The H410M S2H or the H410M-A Pro?

Since the 1050Ti wouldn't work, and a new PSU changed nothing, it has to be a BIOS setting for default GPU.

Solution