Question Can't get usb boot to list though enabled

Mac029

Honorable
Feb 26, 2019
Have a lenovo LOQ 151RH8 (mdl 82XV0095US) and bios ver LZCN34WW. I can enable usb boot but can't get that to list on the first, graphic bios screen, nor from F12 (boot menu). I've disabled secure boot. Can't find anything in the manual alerting me to some setting that makes this list.

I believe from recent Legion bios videos that if usb boot is enabled, and a flashdrive w/an .exe is inserted, that it will be recognized and list. At least from F12. Do I need the flashdrive to be somehow uefi ready or something? What I have on the flashdrive is memtest86. Everything unzipped.

Anyone who can alert me to my mistake or tell me what setting this bios needs, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mac

Have a lenovo LOQ 151RH8 (mdl 82XV0095US) and bios ver LZCN34WW. I can enable usb boot but can't get that to list on the first, graphic bios screen, nor from F12 (boot menu). I've disabled secure boot. Can't find anything in the manual alerting me to some setting that makes this list.

I believe from recent Legion bios videos that if usb boot is enabled, and a flashdrive w/an .exe is inserted, that it will be recognized and list. At least from F12. Do I need the flashdrive to be somehow uefi ready or something? What I have on the flashdrive is memtest86. Everything unzipped.

Anyone who can alert me to my mistake or tell me what setting this bios needs, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mac
You could try this:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/so...-usb-flash-drive-for-lenovo-linux-diagnostics