Cant get Win 7 Pro to Install

flirtybunny2000

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
This is an ongoing saga.
Intel MB with i5
Integrated graphics (have bought a new vid card but have not installed it yet)
4GB Mem Corsair
Everything looks fine in the BIOS. Boot to 7 DVD you get the progress bar at bottom indicating it is loading. As soon as the bar is done, I get a bsod message "PRN_List_Corrupt" (was using the 64bit dvd). On reboot, same message. Tried MemTest, locks up at 9% everytime. Run MemTest cd in Dell laptop to test and it completes the test and gives results at the end so I know the cd is good.
I talked with someone on this forum and they suggested it was a bad mem. So sent it back to Corsair and they replaced it with a new stick. Installed new stick last night and tried to install 7. Same error message as above "prn-list-corrupt". So just for giggles, threw in the 32 bit dvd of 7 and rebooted. Got the BSOD at the same point with the message "Bad Pool Header". So tried to run MemTest on pc with the new stick in and it still locks up at 9% .

Bought 8.1 from my alumni then found out that 7 has to be installed first for it to install. Then after talking to MS found out that my new MB wont take 8.1 or at least no drivers to support 8.1 for this MB. So I sold the 8.1 and I'm back at trying to get 7 installed.

I have built pc's before and never had a problem. This baffles me.

Brand new: Intel MB DH55HC w/ 3 year warranty, Antec PS, Corsair DDR3 Ram 4GB (twice), GeForce Vid Card (not installed yet)
Bought used: i5 processor (certified to be good)
Win 7 Pro DVD bought on Ebay (yes, I know), but they are sealed with the MS hologram. They do say "intended for distribution with a refurbished pc" and "includes service pack 1" They don't look illegal

I started buying components for this build last fall as I could afford it and have never got this to install. I have been out of work and it is important for me to keep my tech skills up. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:
I sold the Win 7 DVD on eBay and purchaser did not have any problems. Bought a new Win7 DVD from my alumni assoc. and I have the same problem. Get the message that says "starting windows" then get BSOD PFN_List Corrupt. I replaced the mem with Corsair and have a new Win DVD. No cards plugged in. i5 has integrated graphics so have monitor plugged into mobo.

Try to run Mem86 with new replacement RAM stick from Corsair and it stops at 9% just like it did with previous RAM.

Can something else be preventing the Mem86 from finishing? Would it help to try a different Mem slot on Mobo?

Please advise.
One other thing-- I have an extra HD that has Xp installed on it from another PC. I try to startup from that and it takes me to the black screen--Start Win in Safe Mode or Start Win Normally etc. I have selected Safe Mode and Normally and it reboots and comes back to the same screen again.

flirtybunny2000

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
It seems to complete the load (you see the progress bar complete and there is a message that it is loading. Then you get the blue screen. I have no other pc to test the 7 dvd in except my Dell laptop and I don't want to take a chance on hosing it.

Since memtest doesn't finish the test, even with another set of RAM, it seems like either your Mobo or your CPU is faulty...

"Bought used: i5 processor (certified to be good)"

I would double check that, testing it in another pc with Prime95, if possible of course, but likely that used CPU is the problem.

You can use any windows 7 disc to install windows with, as long as you have a valid key you just have to match the key to the version you are installing. Since you bought Win 7 pro that is what your key is for, any win 7 pro disc will install the os for you.

You can even go as far to install windows and skip putting in the key, this will give you 33days to activate windows. I do this a lot at work just to get the computer up and running and then will buy the disc/key a few weeks into the 33 days.

TRENDING THREADS