Question Cant grab a 12GB video off iphone14

pmarc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2018
1. My PC (5% of 200GB storage used) sees all files on phone except the 12GB file via USB cable
2. Drobox can't see the 12GB file, either (3% of 3TB storage used)
3. I already imported loads of photos from a memory stick, onto the PC using the PC Photos App - no problems. So it seems the phone is the problem for the 12 GB file??

(4. My iCloud account needs a storage upgrade but its not allowing password re-set... lets not go down this rabbit hole)

pmarc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2018
Correct. But I must say that exactly once, initially, the big file showed in File Explorer but I couldn't doing anything with it. Must be something real small going on I'm missing.

pmarc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2018
Assuming Windows, please show us a screencap of the Disk Management window.
The screenshot feature doesn't show up, as it normally does with a right-click, when on the folders screen. Is the Disk Mgt window different? You mean in Control Panel ?

Apr 11, 2024
It's probably not the solution to your specific problem. But you might still give it a try, who knows. It works for other kind of file-transfer problems.. :

In your iPhone-Settings, go to Photos>Transfer To Max Or PC (that option is all the way to the bottom of the Photos-Settings-Page). Then Change the Setting from Automatic to Keep Originals. Then connect the phone via cable to the PC and try again.

pmarc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2018
Cant use Snip... FYI my folders screen shows the phone

Altho I found Keep Originals I don't see Transfer To Max or PC

I see all the other phone files, using File Explorer.

Last edited:

pmarc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2018
I figured how to get iCloud working. It will upload automatically, in theory, when i'm asleep. Check tomorrow.

Alternatively, there's an edit function in the phone to apply to a large video where you can cut it into pieces. Thus enabling to send it easier. Perhaps by email...etc.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
Have you tried this?

Go to the video.
Select Share (Box with up arrow)
Select DropBox (log in if required) from the options
Select destination and upload it.