Question Can't identify ASUS P6T POST Code

Pike11

Commendable
May 31, 2017
Hi all. I'm troubleshooting my friend's PC (Specs listed below). He turned it on and got nothing on the screen. We swapped out the video card with a known good one and still nothing. Oddly, I tried his card on my PC and it doesn't work. Nonetheless, I kept getting the beep codes you can hear in the following video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhVpDQppVV3CtgwXkxEQdn5raMsx

In the Asus P6T manual, it does talk about two short beeps but they are not the same as in the video. The reason I know this is that I pulled out all the RAM and turned it on. The beep code I got from that was different from the one in the video.

I've pulled out all the RAM and put them back in one at a time, swapped video cards, tried video cards in a different slot, pulled out the whole MB and reseated the CPU and cooler, unplugged any devices that weren't needed to boot. I'm pretty stuck. This is not a new build. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Asus P6T
Intel i7 920
12 GB DDR3 (I forget the speed) OCZ
1050 TI/1060 (Tried both video cards)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Which p6t version is it? I had a look at the delux v2 manual and single beep means gpu detected, quick boot disabled and no keyboard detected.

Few things to try

First, try reset cmos or replace cmos battery.

---

Try varying memory combinations of two in A1 and B1 slots. Single stick may work in A1 slot but recommended slots for two are A1/B1.

"Due to Intel CPU spec definition, the system will not boot if only one DIMM is
installed in DIMM slot A2, B2, or C2. Follow the table above for recommended
memory configuration."

---

Did you check for bent pins in the cpu socket when you removed cooler?

Pike11

Commendable
May 31, 2017
It's not the deluxe. Just the regular P6T rev. 1.01G. Cleared CMOS, tried the different RAM configurations, I checked for bent pins and didnt see any.

I found information about this bios. It said that two quick beeps has to do with a parity circuit error. I'll be darned if I know what that means. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pike11

Commendable
May 31, 2017
It's not the deluxe. Just the regular P6T rev. 1.01G. Cleared CMOS, tried the different RAM configurations, I checked for bent pins and didnt see any.

I found information about this bios. It said that two quick beeps has to do with a parity circuit error. I'll be darned if I know what that means. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Edit: it's AMI BIOS

boju

Titan
Ambassador
P6T has the same beep codes as the deluxe. There's no mention of two beeps but single beep means it's started the power on self test. The second beep im gussing is either it's trying to start the test again or it's a failed beep. The motherboard communicates with the psu, if the motherboard tells the psu 'im ok to turn on' the psu will turn it on or in this case possibly not fully. The board or cpu may have had it.

Last edited:

Pike11

Commendable
May 31, 2017
P6T has the same beep codes as the deluxe. There's no mention of two beeps but single beep means it's started the power on self test. The second beep im gussing is either it's trying to start the test again or it's a failed beep. The motherboard communicates with the psu, if the motherboard tells the psu 'im ok to turn on' the psu will turn it on or in this case possibly not fully. The board or cpu may have had it.

Thanks. So far, from what I've found it's either the RAM or the RAM slots. I'm trying to find some DDR3 RAM (borrow) to test it. Although I think it would be the slot.

One thought: if one RAM stick was not in all the way on one side and the board powered on, would that damage the mobo?