Can't Install AMD drivers, Device Manager refused to recognize my GPU for what it is

Jul 30, 2018
I've just put together my first computer build and I'm having some issues trying to get all the software to play nice together.

Any time I try to update my drivers it's either the part isn't recognized by device manager, or when it is the driver installation just completely freezes/blacks out my computer.

These are my parts:
Asus Rog Strix Z370-e
Core i5-8600k
AMD Radeon R7 370
Patriot Viper Elite DDR4 16g 2400h

Things I've tried:
Uninstalling the gpu via device manager
Reseating the gpu
Safe mode, test mode, integrity checks off (I cannot surpass AMD's test signing no matter what, going offline yields a different error but to no avail)
Updating Windows

Next step is to try DDU but in safe mode I can't install any drivers so at some they'll just get Microsoft's basic driver back in.

Jul 30, 2018

I've just installed them now, will let you know how it goes. Version of Windows is 10, I've just formatted a hard drive and it's a brand new clean install off a USB.

Will try.
PSU is a CoolerMaster G650M.
Thanks for the reply

Jul 30, 2018
Hi, I'm sure my graphics card is in working condition. I've tried installing with auto detect driver, manually selecting my drivers off the AMD website, and I've just given windows a few hours to try and find a driver all to the same effect - a black screen. Even windows cannot fix this issue it seems.

Edit**: I've just booted in to safe mode after the last black screen courtesy of Windows and it appears my driver has updated albeit to an AMD driver from last year, but better than nothing. I still maintain the inability to do a normal boot to my login screen though - just black screens. I assume this is some kind of compatibility issue with another piece of software.