Can't install any drivers fresh install

User1738

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017
So, I reverted back to windows 7 from 10 because I like it much more. I made sure to get all my driver's and put them onto a USB drive. But now with my new install, none of my drives are being recognized. I have went through all of my ports, my front panels to all 6 on the back. None of them work and will recognize the USB. The indicator will flash on the USB but will not pick up on the PC, I went to device manager and noticed nothing is installed for it. But i can't use my Ethernet because it has no drivers either, I also do not have a DVD room
What do I do?

Solution

On the problem with the internet connection, try using the Windows troubleshooter on the connection. It is also under the troubleshooting icon in the Windows7 Control Panel.

Try searching for new hardware in Windows 7. That is probably the easiest fix.

If I remember correctly, that is under troubleshooting in the control panel. Or you can search for the Windows 7 option.

Otherwise you will need to update all of the drivers manually.

User1738

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017

So, when I get home i will try this, but how will I update them manually without USB, internet or DVD-ROM

Borrow a DVD drive from another system. Buy a DVD drive (they're cheap).

On the problem with the internet connection, try using the Windows troubleshooter on the connection. It is also under the troubleshooting icon in the Windows7 Control Panel.

Solution
if it a a newer intel chipset mb. you have to try when installing windows 7 fresh to do a f6 custom driver install for the chipset drivers. if you cant do an f6 install then look for old program 7lite and try making an updated windows iso with the newest drivers. if you cant make one. then with windows 10 try classic shell it free it make windows 10 look and act like 7. if you have and amd cpu they still have drivers for windows 7 on amd web page.