Can't install large files. Says files is corrupt.

aamatniekss

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2012
Ok I've got a really weird problem now. Whenever I try to install anything, be it game or something, which requires copying a large file to the HDD, I get an error that says the file is corrupt. The actual installer files aren't corrupt or anything. At first I thought that just the installer is corrupt, but i've tried different games now, and it always happens. For example with Dark Souls 2 it showed that some kind of hsvlbl.dll is corrupt when I was trying to install. Then when trying to install Skyrim, the skyrim.bsa was corrupt. It's really weird. I recently reinstalled my OS, so I thought I've maybe accidentally formatted my hdd to fat, but no it's NTFS, so that's not it..
Also, if it's not through installer, I can easily copy big files anywhere I want. Like 5gb install files etc.. But not when it's installing via installer.. -.- This is really bugging me..

aamatniekss

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2012
I tried running chkdsk /r but it didn't help or return any errors. But I don't know where I got the idea that I had to do chkdsk /r... I'll try a chkdsk /f too and see if that helps.. I tried reinstalling windows once again just to be sure, no luck. Also I ran a memtest and it gave me lots of errors. My laptop has 2 sticks of 4gb ram. I tried removing one, but the problem still persists. Tried removing other one, the problem still persists.. Could it really be possible that both of my ram sticks are faulty? Also I tried both ram sockets, so I doubt that both sockets could be faulty too.. 0.o This is really weird though, as I didn't have any of these problems before I reinstalled my pc for the first time.. Idk, right now it seems that it could be both of my ram sticks faulty, but how.. 0,o Ill try running memtest on both ram sticks separately..