Can't Install .NET Framework 3.5 On Windows 10 [Error code 0x80070002]

Flittzy

Commendable
May 21, 2016
So, I've been searching all over the internet for the answer to this, and I've found literally nothing that has solved this issue. After months of searching and pulling my hair out, I've finally decided to make an account and ask you guys for some help.

What I've Tried:

Installing from the prompt that shows up whenever I try to run a program that requires .NET Framework 3.5 (i.e. Loilo Game Recorder)

Turning the feature on in Windows Feature On/Off

Installing from the files provided by Microsoft (the dotnetfx35.exe and dotnetfx35setup.exe files shows the same prompt saying to download .NET Framework 3.5 to run the setup)

Using DISM and a USB installation media

Using a third-party program that uses DISM and a USB installation media

Running the .NET Framework Repair Tool

Using ReImage Repair to hopefully fix any issues

Despite all of this, I have not been able to get .NET Framework 3.5 to install on my PC. I'm at a complete loss, here. If any of you could help me out, I'd be extremely grateful.

Not sure if it matters at all, but here are my PC specs:

Phenom II x2 B56

6GB RAM

Radeon R7 240 Video Card

Windows 10 version 1511

Here's also an imgur album of what happens whever I try to download and install the framework

http://imgur.com/a/tZ224

My Windows is Korean, but what's happening is pretty straightforward, I think.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i think part of problem is you likely to have the newer version of .net installed already and its naturally blocking the install of previous versions. I have seen this happen before and often you need to roll back to the version before the one you want to install before it lets you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3wzxie/net_framework_35_error_code_0x80070002/

Flittzy

Commendable
May 21, 2016

How would I go about rolling back to an older version? I've tried the cleanup tool and verification tool in the link you provided, but I can't seem to uninstall 4.6.1. I've also tried turning it off, but that doesn't seem to work either.