[SOLVED] Can't install Win7, my pc keeps restarting!

Apr 2, 2020
Hi everyone! Yesterday i was using my pc like everyday when suddenly it turned off, just like if you unplug it. Now the pc starts but can't enter to windows, it keeps restarting at the windows logo. I've formatted my hard drive but i can't install win7 because it keeps restarting and random points of the installation. I've used "chkdsk" command and the hd is fine, checked the memory and is fine... I dont know what else to do! Can somebody please help me? Ty a lot!

Solution
I'm thinking power supply . Windows has a self testing " If you will" that will crash a working system, and on the flip side will seem fine when you give up and try to do a fresh install to only get it going and it crashes when it get to that stop gag built into windows. I had a brand new system build I has did for a client, worked great but two days later got a call it was looping.

Got it back to the shop and did the usually and wonder what he could have did to get to working like it was.

Yes Sir best case was to just start fresh clean install and move on. You could get into bios and stay there all day long never crashed. Thought good I will move on to installing windows. It would get to just over half 50% than blue screen...
This sounds like an older system. Any number of things could be wrong or could have gone bad. Does it power down outside of Windows 7? What if you boot into BIOS and let it sit there. Does it eventually power down?

Please list your full system's components (including power supply).

It could be a bad power supply, bad motherboard (distended caps), etc...lots to diagnose.

Apr 2, 2020
Nope, if you boot into BIOS it wont restart. Only when i try to install windows. The best i can get is to reach the installation point where it says "the installation program is initializing services" (translated from spanish: "el programa de instalacion esta iniciando servicios"). Then the pc suddenly restarts, throw an installation error and i have to format the hd and start again from 0.

amd fx 6300 3,5 ghz
12 gb ram ddr3 2000 mhz
amd radeon 7700 1mb 150 mhz
asus m5a78L-M usb3
power Sentey BXP65-OR 650w

Nope, if you boot into BIOS it wont restart. Only when i try to install windows. The best i can get is to reach the installation point where it says "the installation program is initializing services" (translated from spanish: "el programa de instalacion esta iniciando servicios"). Then the pc suddenly restarts, throw an installation error and i have to format the hd and start again from 0.

amd fx 6300 3,5 ghz
12 gb ram ddr3 2000 mhz
asus m5a78L-M usb3
power Sentey BXP65-OR 650w
How many HDDs do you have ? If more than one remove all but target disk.
Another possibility, you have odd number of RAM, try with only one stick in right slot.

If you have another system you can make a Memtest 86 USB flash drive , you can test your RAM, either as a pair or stick by stick if needed for an hour or two.... (there is no easier software I've come across for putting an ISO on a flash drive than Balena Etcher; I 've used the portable version to make assorted bootable USB flash drives, no reason to even install it)
Memtest86 - https://www.memtest86.com/
Balena Etcher - https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Reactions: guidosava
Apr 2, 2020
Hi everyone. 5 days ago i was using my pc as usual, when suddenly it turns off. After that, every time i start it, it keeps rebooting before enter windows. I've formatted the hd, but can't install windows again because the pc throws a screen error and reboots everytime the installation begins.
What i did:
  1. HDD: Not the problem, i've tried with a new SSD and got the same problem.
  2. BIOS: Installed the last BIOS driver and changed the battery
  3. Graphic Card: Took it off the pc and started with only the integrated card. Same problem
  4. RAM: First problem: If i run memtest86 with the two sticks plugged in, it crashes and reboots. I took off one (the 4gb) and tried with the 8gb and the test runs perfectly.
  5. PSU: I've checked with the multimeter without any device plugged, just the psu, and the numbers are right.

Screen error: https://freeimage.host/i/05847a89-8b5c-4b58-8585-09c8016bc31d.JCAUZu

My setup is:

amd fx 6300 3,5 ghz
12 gb ram ddr3 (8gb and 4gb)
asus m5a78L-M usb3
1tb WD10ezex
PSU 650w sentey black box

Some extra data:
  • The temps are fine according to the BIOS. All coolers are working.
  • When i start the pc, i have to wait about 5' to have video signal and power in the mouse/keyboard
  • Sometimes the case display works, sometimes does not starts.
  • 4 months ago i've changed the CPU's termal paste

I dont know what else to do or check, and since we are in quarantine, i cant take the pc anywhere.
Any advice will be welcome! Ty all!

I'm thinking power supply . Windows has a self testing " If you will" that will crash a working system, and on the flip side will seem fine when you give up and try to do a fresh install to only get it going and it crashes when it get to that stop gag built into windows. I had a brand new system build I has did for a client, worked great but two days later got a call it was looping.

Got it back to the shop and did the usually and wonder what he could have did to get to working like it was.

Yes Sir best case was to just start fresh clean install and move on. You could get into bios and stay there all day long never crashed. Thought good I will move on to installing windows. It would get to just over half 50% than blue screen. Did this about 5 times even flipping in and out different drives , get to 50% and crash.

I simply refused to believe it could be power supply. On about the 3rd day I said what the heck I dreadfully borrowed one from my personal gaming rigs power supply and everything just woke up and worked. I ordered an RMA for his bad unit and once finished he was good as gold.

Reactions: guidosava
Solution

TRENDING THREADS