Question Can't install Windows 10 via USB on a old laptop

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
I was trying to install Windows 10 with a usb stick but its not getting recognised.
Nothing shows on the boot load.

what should i do?

Computer:HP 530

I would try all the USB ports.
I would also try another USB stick.
I would also reset the BIOS...although I doubt this is the issue but I would do it anyway.
...and I would also make sure that the USB stick was bootable....I might try it on another machine.

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
I would try all the USB ports.
I would also try another USB stick.
I would also reset the BIOS...although I doubt this is the issue but I would do it anyway.
...and I would also make sure that the USB stick was bootable....I might try it on another machine.

I tried to do all of the above, sadly none of them worked.
I tried to install Windows on a diferent pc with the same pen drive and the Windows setup started...

The bios looks really old, could that be the problem?

I tried to do all of the above, sadly none of them worked.
I tried to install Windows on a diferent pc with the same pen drive and the Windows setup started...

The bios looks really old, could that be the problem?
I didn't realize that machine was so old.
I think Windows 10 might not even run on it.
it only supports 1 GB max ram and Windows needs 1 GB min ram.
If it were me I wouldn't even try to install Windows 10 on it.
Maybe I would try Windows XP.

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
I didn't realize that machine was so old.
I think Windows 10 might not even run on it.
it only supports 1 GB max ram and Windows needs 1 GB min ram.
If it were me I wouldn't even try to install Windows 10 on it.
Maybe I would try Windows XP.
The computer has 2Gb.
It was running Windows 7 with no problem... It was slow but it worked

I'm thinking that even if you manage to get Windows 10 installed it's going to run awful....as in slow.
I'm running Windows 7 on a machine with 2GB and a Pentium 4 (because I have to for work) and it annoys me because it's so slow.....so I'm thinking 10 would be god awful slow.
If 7 runs ok for you....I'd run 7. I think it should be faster.

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
I'm thinking that even if you manage to get Windows 10 installed it's going to run awful....as in slow.
I'm running Windows 7 on a machine with 2GB and a Pentium 4 (because I have to for work) and it annoys me because it's so slow.....so I'm thinking 10 would be god awful slow.
If 7 runs ok for you....I'd run 7. I think it should be faster.
I will try to install Windows 7 but i dont think i Will have any luck🙄

GreyCatz

Distinguished
It could be that you're using a USB generation that is not supported by the system. If you're trying to install Win10 via a USB it would have to be a 4GB (32-bit version) or an 8GB (64-bit version) USB key. My guess is that you're going for the 8GB 64-bit version and I haven't been able to find USB 1.0 or 2.0 keys that large.

When the 530 was launched it came with Vista and a DVD drive. You may have to find some way to create a bootable Win10 version and then burn it onto several CD-ROMs. The 530 might be more receptive to this approach.