Can't install WIndows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcallNoob

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
So I have just built my own pc, and I was planning to install Win 8 as my OS. However, when I fired up my PC everything was working fine, until I was going to install windows 8. I could begin the installment process, but when I came to the part where I was supposed to choose whether I wanted to install it on my HDD or SSD, I had no options. I only got an exclamation mark with some text stating that it could't find something. Do you guys have any clue what this might be? It is worth mentioning that I haven't installed any drivers on any of the components in my pc. I just started my PC, put the disc in the CD tray, and closed it before I restarted the PC again. This was the way a couple of buddies of my did it, and they had no problems whatsoever.

Solution
Silly me. Just after i posted this question, I popped open the case to see if I had connected anything wrong. And to my surprise, I hadn't even connected the SATA cable to the SSD itself. But after I plugged it in there was no issue installing the OS :p
G

Can you see your hard drive in the BIOS settings? If not, make sure the hard drive is connected. If it is seen through the BIOS, make sure that the hard drive settings are correct(not set to RAID or anything other than what you want). If even this doesn't change it, and perhaps you have a windows 7 or other OS install disk laying around, see if that can see your hard drive.

IcallNoob

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Silly me. Just after i posted this question, I popped open the case to see if I had connected anything wrong. And to my surprise, I hadn't even connected the SATA cable to the SSD itself. But after I plugged it in there was no issue installing the OS :p

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.