Question Can't install Windows because PC always reboots itself at Gigabyte splash screen ?

Aug 30, 2021
Before I try to explain my problem here are the specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Geforce Gtx 1070 FE
Ram: 16 GB Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz C16
Psu: EVGA 600w BR 80+ Bronze
Mother Board: Gigabyte B450 Elite V2
Storage: 250GB Crucial SSD

Here's the problem: I had just built this pc about 3 days ago but just couldn't get the pc to install windows 10. It would always restart itself right after loading into the gigabyte logo (The bios menu works fine without the computer restarting itself). I had the Cpu and Gpu tested right before I built this PC so I'm going to assume that they aren't the ones causing the restarts. I believe I have everything wired correctly so I really don't know what is going on. Could this be a compatibility or stability issue?

Also while attempting to install windows I have gotten the following 4 BSOD's (Is it even possible to get these with no OS installed):
"whea uncorrectable error"
"machine check error"
"mode exception not handled"
"system thread exception not handled"

I have also tried installing other OS's like windows 7 and 8 with the same problem showing up every time. it would load the windows logo but would just restart itself immediately after. DOS tools also work just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kanewolf

Titan
Before I try to explain my problem here are the specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Geforce Gtx 1070 FE
Ram: 16 GB Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz C16
Psu: EVGA 600w BR 80+ Bronze
Mother Board: Gigabyte B450 Elite V2
Storage: 250GB Crucial SSD

Here's the problem: I had just built this pc about 3 days ago but just couldn't get the pc to install windows 10. It would always restart itself right after loading into the gigabyte logo (The bios menu works fine without the computer restarting itself). I had the Cpu and Gpu tested right before I built this PC so I'm going to assume that they aren't the ones causing the restarts. I believe I have everything wired correctly so I really don't know what is going on. Could this be a compatibility or stability issue?

Also while attempting to install windows I have gotten the following 4 BSOD's (Is it even possible to get these with no OS installed):
"whea uncorrectable error"
"machine check error"
"mode exception not handled"
"system thread exception not handled"

I have also tried installing other OS's like windows 7 and 8 with the same problem showing up every time. it would load the windows logo but would just restart itself immediately after. DOS tools also work just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would run memtest86 for overnight. If you get any errors then the RAM should be RMA.

kanewolf

Titan
Ive seen it on a couple of different sites where one says 3000 ready and another 2000 ready, it's so hit and miss sometimes, you would of thought they would of sold off all their older manufactured boards already.
I based my response on the "F1" firmware shown on the Gigabyte website. The OP did list this as the V2 motherboard, so that is probably significant.

Reactions: kurdtnz