[SOLVED] Can't install Windows on SSD. Install loop

arek.stachyra41

Prominent
Dec 6, 2018
So today I was using my PC when suddenly i got a BSOD. I didn't think it was something important since it happened several times before. But after the restart i got a message telling me to insert boot device. I googled a bit and thought that damaged MBR was the culprit. So i tried the 3 bootrec commands: fixmbr rebuildbcd and fixboot. The third one didn't work and gave me access denied. So I wanted to reinstall windows but i can't because when it's done installing it throws me into the same install screen again. Can it be the SSD's fault - i've got my system installed there. If so how can i check it with for instance Crystaldiskinfo. I have access only to the command line.

arek.stachyra41

Prominent
Dec 6, 2018
after installing and before restarting, remove the install media. Eventually set the 1st boot priority to the SSD in BIOS
That's the first thing I did and it just throws me to the install screen again. After the install when i get to the boot menu it shows me the Windows Boot Manager and when i click it, the screen just blinks for a second and that's all. Btw i have MSI mobo with UEFI, i believe it was set to UEFI+Legacy before. Will that change anything?