Question Can't modify the integrated graphics memory in bios

CiprianColegu

Prominent
Nov 30, 2022
The computer is a prebuild from HP,
HP Compaq Pro 6300 Microtower PC
( https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c03382665 )
CPU: I3-3220
Ram: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
There is no option for modifying the igpu memory. It currently has only 58 MB and I cannot play any games with it.
The only option in BIOS that seems to be related to it is VGA Configuration but it is grayed out.
Can anyone help me access the VGA configuration setting on BIOS or there is no method?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The computer is a prebuild from HP,
HP Compaq Pro 6300 Microtower PC
( https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c03382665 )
CPU: I3-3220
Ram: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
There is no option for modifying the igpu memory. It currently has only 58 MB and I cannot play any games with it.
The only option in BIOS that seems to be related to it is VGA Configuration but it is grayed out.
Can anyone help me access the VGA configuration setting on BIOS or there is no method?

iGPU uses the system RAM that it requires; it'll vary depending on what it requires at any point. The problem with gaming on that the Intel HD 2500 graphics are horrible and weren't suitable for anything more powerful than Solitaire in 2012 and now it's 2022. Even a GT 710, an absolutely awful GPU that is not for gaming that can be found for $10-$20 used, is a gigantic upgrade from Intel HD 2500 graphics.

CiprianColegu

Prominent
Nov 30, 2022
iGPU uses the system RAM that it requires; it'll vary depending on what it requires at any point. The problem with gaming on that the Intel HD 2500 graphics are horrible and weren't suitable for anything more powerful than Solitaire in 2012 and now it's 2022. Even a GT 710, an absolutely awful GPU that is not for gaming that can be found for $10-$20 used, is a gigantic upgrade from Intel HD 2500 graphics.
Yeah, I know, but for GTA IV it runs well, it just doesn't load the textures bc of the lack of memory that it has.