Question Can't open .jpeg files on my computer

Feb 17, 2019
Hello. I've been through hell lately with my damn laptop. So.

Last week, my laptop bugged on me and wouldn't start. I took it to a guy to fix it, and he did. He also kinda lost 200GB worth of pictures, which are very important and priceless to me (I'm photographer, see). He formatted my HD and sent me home just like that, with everything lost.

I downloaded recoverit, payed the damn license and finally got a hold of my lost files, after too much despairing and crying. Fine.

Went to open the recovered files and, turns out my CR2 photos open with Lightroom just alright, besides some damage in some pics. but the 33 thousand jpeg files won't open for shit.

The guy set my laptop back to windows 7 premium, and I have no idea how it works or how can I actually retrieve those pics. I tried do convert some of them online, to turn no Vail. No program online works form them.

I'm really desperate. Please give some help, if anyone has any insight on this issue.

Thanks.

1st - priceless photos? Why were they not backed up?
2nd - why didn't you warn fixer guy about those pictures? He could have backed them up before format/reinstallation.

But about corrupted jpg pictures - if the file has been partially overwritten, compressed image formats like jpg generally can not be recovered/restored.