[SOLVED] Can't open Nivida Control Pannel

archsergentdornan

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
Long story short, I reinstalled a game and got an error I believed to be related to having out of date graphics drivers.

So I tried to update my Nvida Graphics drivers and now my resolution is busted. Which typically happens as whenever I do a driver update my system resolution gets set to something like 800x600 instead of what it should be. I tried opening the Nvidia Control panel and now I just can't, whenever I click on it nothing happens.

I tried reinstalling my drivers from their site instead of through the awful GeForce Experience launcher and doing a clean install and it still won't open.
Multiple restarts and driver reinstallations, using task manager to shut down all Nvida programs/processes later and nothing I've read online or tried before works. I also can't do a rollback as when I open the device manager and select my 750ti the rollback option is grayed out.

I've heard some people swear by a frankly shady looking program called "DDU" and saying to reboot in safe mode, run that to wipe my drivers out and then rebooting into normal Windows and installing the drivers from the Nvida site again. But that doesn't seem any different from doing a clean install from their site. and I don't understand why this program might help.

Anyone who can help me?

Graphics card: Nvidia 750ti
Operating system: Win 7

Edit: Gave up an installed old drivers from Nvida's website. Everything works now

Last edited:
Solution
The "shady looking program" is the best there is when it comes to reinstall or switch drivers. Second best to reinstalling windows. It's the fastest, easiest and most certain way to remove the previous crap from drivers and can help you identify if there is a software or a hardware issue.

How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

Now, for your problem, what is the game, what was the error and why did you believe it was related to drivers?
Was there an issue that made you reinstall the game?
The "shady looking program" is the best there is when it comes to reinstall or switch drivers. Second best to reinstalling windows. It's the fastest, easiest and most certain way to remove the previous crap from drivers and can help you identify if there is a software or a hardware issue.

How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

Now, for your problem, what is the game, what was the error and why did you believe it was related to drivers?
Was there an issue that made you reinstall the game?

Solution